VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been using Hybrid to do some denoising, and I tried "fft3dfilter", "QTGMC" and "Vinverse".

Each time, it seems to make the video a lot lighter than it was before it went through. Is there any way to fix this?

I don't believe it's completely inevitable, it doesn't seem to have happened using a filter in "topaz video ai", however that one takes about 5 times as long which is very annoying and makes it impractical.
    Quote Quote  
  2. a. Hybrid does offer those filters through both Avisynth and Vapoursynth. Which are you using?
    b. What does the used script look like?
    c. Do the colors also differ if you compare them in the 'Avisynth Filter View'/'Vapoursynth Filter View'?

If the "Avisynth/Vapoursynth Filter View" show proper colors it's probably an issue with the vui flagging which needs to reflect the output color matrix etc. of the processed clip.
    If the "Avisynth/Vapoursynth Filter View" already shows wrong colors for the original it's an issue with the source flagging or the source filter used.
    If the "Avisynth/Vapoursynth Filter View" shows wrong colors for just the filtered output, it's a problem with the filtering.

Without you sharing at least:
    1. the used script
    2. a screenshot of used Filter View that shows the issue
    3. a detailed analysis output of the source
    4. the encoding settings used (was vui properly set?)
    you probably will not find an answer unless someone is a really lucky guesser or uses a good crystal ball.

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    a. Hybrid does offer those filters through both Avisynth and Vapoursynth. Which are you using?
    b. What does the used script look like?
    c. Do the colors also differ if you compare them in the 'Avisynth Filter View'/'Vapoursynth Filter View'?

If the "Avisynth/Vapoursynth Filter View" show proper colors it's probably an issue with the vui flagging which needs to reflect the output color matrix etc. of the processed clip.
    If the "Avisynth/Vapoursynth Filter View" already shows wrong colors for the original it's an issue with the source flagging or the source filter used.
    If the "Avisynth/Vapoursynth Filter View" shows wrong colors for just the filtered output, it's a problem with the filtering.

Without you sharing at least:
    1. the used script
    2. a screenshot of used Filter View that shows the issue
    3. a detailed analysis output of the source
    4. the encoding settings used (was vui properly set?)
    you probably will not find an answer unless someone is a really lucky guesser or uses a good crystal ball.

Cu Selur
    https://imgur.com/a/wP4Pd1d those are the setting used for each, only one would be selected at once. It's all default.

I'm not sure what VUI is sorry. I used the preview show and it looked the same there (I'm assuming original is on the left and new is on the right?). In VLC it looks different though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm not sure what VUI is sorry.
    Some other high-level properties of the video content are conveyed in video usability information (VUI), such as the indication of the color space for interpretation of the video content.
    So depending on the encoder you use, you should make sure the VUI settings match the output of the script.
    If your content uses another color matrix or luma range than indicated by the VUI settings the output will have slightly wrong colors.

I'm assuming original is on the left and new is on the right?
    Assuming the default settings: Yes, the left side should show the unfiltered and the right side the filtered content.

In VLC it looks different though.
    Which indicates that either VLC does not honour the vui settings or you used wrong vui settings. Both are not that unlikely.

The only thing the screenshot answers is that you use apparently use Avisynth, since that seems to be a partial view of Filtering->Avisynth->DeNoise.
    -> If you want help answer the questions and provide details, since you did not answer any of my questions I don't know how to respond.

Going to bed now, which you lots of luck with your endeavors to figure out what is happening.

Remember:
    Hybrid is intended for advanced users.
    source: Hybrid homepage

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    I'm not sure what VUI is sorry.
    Some other high-level properties of the video content are conveyed in video usability information (VUI), such as the indication of the color space for interpretation of the video content.
    So depending on the encoder you use, you should make sure the VUI settings match the output of the script.
    If your content uses another color matrix or luma range than indicated by the VUI settings the output will have slightly wrong colors.

I'm assuming original is on the left and new is on the right?
    Assuming the default settings: Yes, the left side should show the unfiltered and the right side the filtered content.

In VLC it looks different though.
    Which indicates that either VLC does not honour the vui settings or you used wrong vui settings. Both are not that unlikely.

The only thing the screenshot answers is that you use apparently use Avisynth, since that seems to be a partial view of Filtering->Avisynth->DeNoise.
    -> If you want help answer the questions and provide details, since you did not answer any of my questions I don't know how to respond.

Going to bed now, which you lots of luck with your endeavors to figure out what is happening.

Remember:
    Hybrid is intended for advanced users.
    source: Hybrid homepage

Cu Selur

The screenshots show all of the options for all of the 3 filters I used, I'm not sure what you mean it only shows avisynth. I might be missing something, I don't really know how else to answer, I didn't write a custom script for this so I have nothing to upload in terms of that, all I have is the settings in that tab. I'm sorry but I'm really not sure which other question I can answer, I can't upload 3) really as I don't think I can upload the video. Every other encoder setting is default unless I've specified. I understand Hybrid is meant for people who have some understand of this, but it's the simplest editor I can find for avisynth stuff, you have to start somewhere.

I found the VUI settings and changed all the ones with "to input" to on, and that fixed most of the issues (https://imgur.com/a/fGvXROK), but the colour still looks a bit different, the contrast looks higher in the processed one (this doesn't show up in preview).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Just as a side not: Opening two player windows at the same time might use different overlay handling which could also change the color representation during playback.

but the colour still looks a bit different, the contrast looks higher in the processed one (this doesn't show up in preview).
    If the Avisynth preview doesn't show color differences, but the encoding does it either is an issue with the encoding settings, the flagging of the encoded file or the player used for playback.
    Sharing a debug output of the processing might shed some light about your source and what Hybrid is configured to do.
    If you don't know how to properly create a debug output of the processing read: https://www.selur.de/support

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote