VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yesterday i added a second m2 nvme into my computer. I use regular hdd for storage and the computer did not see any of the internal hdds. I know the hdds isn't bad they worked just fine before i added a second nvme. I know using nvme disables port 5 and 6 for sata i do not use those port when i built my pc with a nvme. The hard drivers work just fine in a docking station i tested on my laptop. Can someone tell me if nvme number 2 is the cause or something else? I thought it was the sata cords that was loose at first so i repluged them in one by one after i unplugged them. If anyone needs to know my motherboard is asus rog strix b450-f.

I saw that but im running on sata ports 1-4 directly off the motherboard. I never had any issues access 3 of my hdds when i installed my viper nvme for windows 10. I do know if the wd blue nvme is the cause for windows 10 not picking up any hdds. All 3 hdds that is in my pc windows 10 no longer sees them I tried a different hdd that i do not want in my pc windows 10 saw it so i am not sure if the wd blue nvme is the cause cause for this or not.

I know the sata cords are fine there brand new i even changed one to a different one and still same issue. I rather not take wd blue nvme out cause ts not use to get to. Anyone got a idea.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry if i,m be rude but download the manual for your motherboard and start reading what is disabled if you put a first and second m2 into this board.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Look in device manager, check with diskpart.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does removing the second nvme bring back the hdds?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @jan5678 i did it saids when using nvme it dsiables ports 5 and 6 so i never pluged into those ports. it does not mention at all what would a second mvme do. @ProWo ill check i did check the admins part and no hdd drivers was list from 3 i tested. @johns0 ill try that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well according to the manual i have to confess that it can be complicated

[Attachment 57686 - Click to enlarge]

It looks like it depends on what processor you are using? if that is a ryzen first or second both m2 will work although m2_2 will NOT accept sata protocol.
    If using ryzen with radeon vega graphics it states only m2_1 and 2 sata ports but nothing about m2_2
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It says that if m.2_2 is used then the video card (if used) will run at 8x instead of 16x mode,nothing about the other sata connectors.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Update i did end up taking the extra m2 out and it did not fix my problem i ended up rewiring alot of my stuff now 3 hard drivers show. So everything is fixed.
    Quote Quote