+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. $50 shipping!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    $50 shipping!
    yeah , he said will be shipped with regular mail but he can try to shipped with boxberry , sdek
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    You do realise that you can not immediately buy this. It is an auction and there are already 2 bids in. There may even be 'Shell Bidding' to bump up the final price.

I did not see any mention of an a/v cable which would have been originally supplied and essential for viewing/transfer.
    this is also from Sony information

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/camcorders-tape-camcorders/ccd-tr728e/manuals

from page 34 you can get al details

[Attachment 57651 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    $50 shipping!

Well the UK site will charge £70 for shipping to Bahrain for one item I checked so that price is a 'bargain'
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    $50 shipping!

Well the UK site will charge £70 for shipping to Bahrain for one item I checked so that price is a 'bargain'

£70 for shipping that's means $84

my bid was higher now , hope can win , and also i hope the camcorder when arrived can transfer my Tapes
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When I have been forced in to an Ebay auction for an item I really wanted I would enter a maximum bid as late as possible before the auction ended.

One other issue is that the seller could have entered a reserve price and even if you were to win if your final bid was below this he is under no obligation to actually sell it to you.

BTW what is the power supply details in Bahrain. UK is 220/240 volts. The US is 110/120. I just mention these in case power to the camera is an issue. I still do not think that power was a reason for no signal in the NTSC camera.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    When I have been forced in to an Ebay auction for an item I really wanted I would enter a maximum bid as late as possible before the auction ended.

One other issue is that the seller could have entered a reserve price and even if you were to win if your final bid was below this he is under no obligation to actually sell it to you.

BTW what is the power supply details in Bahrain. UK is 220/240 volts. The US is 110/120. I just mention these in case power to the camera is an issue. I still do not think that power was a reason for no signal in the NTSC camera.
    he was keep the amount for Winning bid , i have keep my maximum bid more then he want , if i will be winner so that's perfect .

the power supply for Bahrain its same as UK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This still makes me curious. The NTSC camcorder would, I assume, have come with a power adapter for 110 volts to whatever the camera required. How did you fit that adapter for your own country's 220/240 volts.

Some weeks ago, I contributed to a thread where a US member had acquired a UK device. He did not understand why it did not fully work. Only when he could feed 220/240 volts to it did it work.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    This still makes me curious. The NTSC camcorder would, I assume, have come with a power adapter for 110 volts to whatever the camera required. How did you fit that adapter for your own country's 220/240 volts.

Some weeks ago, I contributed to a thread where a US member had acquired a UK device. He did not understand why it did not fully work. Only when he could feed 220/240 volts to it did it work.
    the camcorder i was purchased it was compatible

[Attachment 57653 - Click to enlarge]

it was happened for me before , i was purchased from amazon , so the device has been burst this is the device

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TOD3KU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

so i purchased Convert electricity from Bahrain , if the power its 110 so it will give me 220/ 240
    Quote Quote  
  10. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Camcorders and laptops have universal voltage compatibility, All what's needed is the socket adapter.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Camcorders and laptops have universal voltage compatibility, All what's needed is the socket adapter.
    i have question , hope you know the answer .

as you know that all my Tapes has been recorded by camcorder PAL in 1993 , the Tapes there is SHARP , SONY , the Tapes its HI8 , Video8

so , its not important which model of camcorder PAL i can buy its that correct ? because there is many model of camcorder PAL i have found in Ebay
    Quote Quote  
  12. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Digital8 PAL camcorder is ideal, It can playback all 8mm format tapes V8, Hi8 and D8, From there you can capture from S-Video out or via firewire card into DV format. Just make sure you get one that plays back analog tapes or post the model # here and we will tell you if it's good or not.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Digital8 PAL camcorder is ideal, It can playback all 8mm format tapes V8, Hi8 and D8, From there you can capture from S-Video out or via firewire card into DV format. Just make sure you get one that plays back analog tapes or post the model # here and we will tell you if it's good or not.
    thanks ,

because that camcorder CCD-TR728E PAL , the Bidders are keeping the price up , i can keep higher amount but maybe i can found cheaper price for camcorder PAL with any model

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143966901426?_trksid=p2471758.m4704
    Quote Quote  
  14. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    That's a Hi8 camcorder, Get a D8 one better. The auction will most likely go up to $200, expect to pay that much or more.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    That's a Hi8 camcorder, Get a D8 one better. The auction will most likely go up to $200, expect to pay that much or more.
    yeas you are right , the auction it will be go up and more then $200

do you mean D8 camcorder same as this one ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Digital-Video-Camera-TEC04D8-Tested-Works-Great/17448309...QAAOSwV4BfinrQ
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=Yaqoob;2612944]
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Digital-Video-Camera-TEC04D8-Tested-Works-Great/17448309...nrQ[/QUOTE]

There is no indication that this video camera is PAL. And I would guess since the seller is in the US that it is NTSC.

And I already inferred a reason why these auctions go up in price. These camcorders are really legacy items now. Very little actual, IMHO, demand - the technology has been superceeded.

But if there really is demand maybe I should sell my own which I have not used for many a year
    Quote Quote  
  17. [QUOTE=DB83;2612953]
    Originally Posted by Yaqoob View Post
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Digital-Video-Camera-TEC04D8-Tested-Works-Great/17448309...nrQ[/QUOTE]

There is no indication that this video camera is PAL. And I would guess since the seller is in the US that it is NTSC.

And I already inferred a reason why these auctions go up in price. These camcorders are really legacy items now. Very little actual, IMHO, demand - the technology has been superceeded.

But if there really is demand maybe I should sell my own which I have not used for many a year

now i have get more details , the camcorder Sony Handycam CCD-TR728E PAL it can play only 8HI but not 8MM
    you can see the details

[Attachment 57687 - Click to enlarge]

i have mixed Tapes , HI8/8MM
    so i am worry to buy CCD-TR728E and just i can transfer HI8
    if you have same this camcorder you can try to play back the HI8/8MM if you can play back then let me now , maybe i buy from you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some info:

My camera, which appears to be in working order but I can not put my hands on a tape to check playback is a Sony CCD-TRV238E PAL.

The indicator on the camera says 'HI8'. However. page 18 of the user manual states (this is the original printed manual)

"You can use standard 8mm, and HI8 video cassettes on your camcorder" which confirms to the above screen.

Transfer is by the supplied composite (no s-video) A/V cable. Also comes with a 100-240 volt power adapter. Confirmed as working with this.

If you are interested then it is best to continue this conversation by Private Message. My only concern is finding an appropriate shipping method.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    The PAL Digital8 camcorders you will be looking for is as follows:

DCR-TR7000E User Manual
    DCR-TR7100E User Manual
    DCR-TRV238E User Manual
    DCR-TRV239E User Manual
    DCR-TRV340E User Manual
    DCR-TRV460E User Manual
    DCR-TRV461E User Manual
    DCR-TRV738E User Manual
    Quote Quote  
  20. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Lets take DCR-TRV460E and DCR-TRV461E off the list since they are not equipped with S-Video out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And as far as I can tell neither does my 238E.

Ultimately it is up to the OP if he really wants that. Yes I know that quality will be better for it.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    And as far as I can tell neither does my 238E.

Ultimately it is up to the OP if he really wants that. Yes I know that quality will be better for it.
    According to the service manual it should, Why would the service manual be different than the real product, Can you double check the ports again, Some have plastic covers on them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I am reading the user manual. There is NO mention of s-video. Surely if the connection existed there would be mention of even an optional cable.

I am trying to help the OP out. But the shipping could a PITA
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From the list you posted, the 238E (3rd item) actually loads 738E. That might explain the discrepancy.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    No, That manual is for DCR-TRV238E, DCR-TRV239E, DCR-TRV340E and DCR-TRV738E, The manual lists the differences between the models but all have S-Video, Can you double check your exact model from the data plate?

Bingo! Your model is CCD-TRV238E, Not DCR-TRV238E. Yours is a low budget Hi8 not D8.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^Well it may be 'Low Budget'. Yet back in 2005, when it was acquired new (£140) it was all I needed. Sure there were better and now they will also be cheaper.

And I see a listing on Ebay for one used at HIGHER than this cost.

If the OP wants to pay more for features he will not use eg digital transfer via firewire then do him a favour and actually find a camera for him.

I am beginning to be sorry I even offered to assist. And, no, I would not charge £140 for it.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    The PAL Digital8 camcorders you will be looking for is as follows:

DCR-TR7000E User Manual
    DCR-TR7100E User Manual
    DCR-TRV238E User Manual
    DCR-TRV239E User Manual
    DCR-TRV340E User Manual
    DCR-TRV460E User Manual
    DCR-TRV461E User Manual
    DCR-TRV738E User Manual
    i have found DCR-TR7000E , hope this deal finished today