VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. I record my videos with OBS and I want to remove OBS screen is shown parts such as beginning, or pause continue

So here what I want to achieve

With mkvmerge command I want to lets say remove the following parts of the video : 00:00:00 - 00:00:02 sec and 00:21:25 - 00:23:01 in 1 command

So these durations should be removed from the video and saved as a new video

I want to be able to provide as many as timespan in 1 command to remove from the video

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mkvmerge only cuts on keyframes, which will be an issue for you unless you have a keyframe at 00:00:02.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    Mkvmerge only cuts on keyframes, which will be an issue for you unless you have a keyframe at 00:00:02.
    so what solution you would suggest me? I want to remove frames where obs studio is visible
    Quote Quote  
  4. you have to re-encode for frame accurate cuts (you could use virtualdub2 if a GUI preview is helpful for the cuts, ffmpeg otherwise) or do the initial recording with keyframes only.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    you have to re-encode for frame accurate cuts (you could use virtualdub2 if a GUI preview is helpful for the cuts, ffmpeg otherwise) or do the initial recording with keyframes only.
    it is not that important to be precise

I want to cut based on duration. So start cutting at 2 second until 4 seconds. then cut starting 112 second until 120 second. in 1 command
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have found this open source application and looks like what I need : https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut
    Quote Quote