VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone know why in the past year or two there is no True hd 7.1 Atmos formats? All movies using Atmos are now Dolby Digital Plus 5.1/Atmos. It certainly does not sound as good as the old format.

Search PM
    How do you know this? What is telling you this? (an app?)

Scott

3. The file itself(s).,Media Info., My receiver's display format. (it also shows less input ,5.1 rather than all 8 channels on the signal info on the receiver). In older files receiver would display TrueHD+Atmos.

Search PM
    Well, I guess it depends on where you are getting your "files" from. And what is playing it through to the receiver.

Scott

5. I am getting my files from the same place I always have. No variables have changed other than the virus. Meaning movies are being played on Amazon and released as Dolby Digital Plus with Atmos. No movies are being released anymore as True Hd +Atmos in 7.1 . If I am wrong, please show me an ex. since 20'. Same receiver, Same MPC-HC except for updates.

6. I have the feeling I have touched on area that you are not proficient in. That is not the technical response I was looking for. Those are obvious.
    (This is not my source, my source is down at the moment). https://torrent.extto.com/greyhound-2020-2160p-atvp-web-dl-x265-10bit-hdr-ddp5-1-atmos...Z2f5oP4OYlSitY

If this theatrical big sound movie were released 2 years prior it would say TRUE HD 7.1 Atmos. If bc of the virus it did not exist at all I could understand. But why the change in format? To my knowledge Atmos is 8 channels. Maybe it's just a false format. But there are no more Atmos releases then if that's the case.
    Last edited by forsure; 1st Mar 2021 at 17:47.

Search PM
    I could be wrong, and if so, pardon me, but it sure looks like those are WAREZ.

On the technical side: Atmos has no minimum to their # of object-oriented elements, nor do they map to specific channel. Those object elements are a side-car stream piggy-backed onto the main stream. That main stream may be either DD+ (lossy) or TrueHD (lossless). It may be 5.1, or 7.1 channels or whatever is decided upon for the main bed. Presumeably by the Producers.

Scott

8. Yes I understand it is added to the main stream. When you say "Warez", do you mean a virus. Like I said, I did not get my file from there. My files work fine. The format that used to be offered is just not anymore. Point being, the quality is not the same from DDP5.1 compared to THD 7.1. However, they are both listed as Atmos. Just wondering if anyone knew if the THD7.1 format has not been released anymore due to the virus. Thanks, though

Search Comp PM
    cornucopia was being kind. discussion of pirated movies like yours is not allowed here.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303

10. Actually every time I ask as question on here someone has to act like a pretentious dick over nothing. The discussion was about formats not movies. That was just an ex. This site is all over the net of how to do illegal shit. Whatever, do you think the Comcast police are going to shut you down? I can be a bigger dick when we shut the whole internet down and you forum junkies will have to go play outside with the rioters.

11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please do not ask for help on illegally downloaded videos,this is against forum rules,this thread is closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.