VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone!

I am new here and totally new to editing... Maybe someone can give me some good advice!

I have two videos of the same event in two different angles. Now I realized they are not the same quality. When I look at it it really irritates the eye, because the second one is pretty blurry and its speed seems to be somehow different (sorry I do not have a better way to describe it..) . I assume there is not much that can be done to improve it, if the material is not good to begin with. Yet I would like to ask: Is there anything I could do to make the transition between them a bit better, smoother to the eye? Should I change sequence settings? Use a filter? Make the whole video quality lower to match them? Any tip would be appreciated!

I am attaching a sample of a transition between the first and the second video and the files details from Premiere Pro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUnhF5bKrUM

First Video details:

Type: MPEG Movie
    File Size: 9.5 GB
    Image Size: 1920 x 1080
    Frame Rate: 50.00
    Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo
    Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
    Total Duration: 00:26:09:06
    Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Second Video details):

Type: MPEG Movie
    File Size: 3.0 GB
    Image Size: 1920 x 1080
    Frame Rate: 29.97
    Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo
    Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
    Total Duration: 00:26:21:00
    Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
    Quote Quote  
  2. You took a 50fps clip and a 29.97fps clip and combined them in a 23.976 timeline?

You're not helping yourself.

Change your timeline to 50 fps.
    Cut the clips together as desired. Your motion will be more stuttery with the 29.97 material. You can try to sharpen it up in the lumetri color correction, Don't expect miracles.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I appreciate your reply!

Actually I can see inside the program, that my sequence IS 50 fps. Am I wrong?

I will try to play with the lumetri color correction, ans hope it helps.

Thank you very much for your help.
    Last edited by Laer; 1st Mar 2021 at 16:13.
    Quote Quote