VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My video contains many complex overlapping moving parts in 7 layers. I simply wish to push forward all layers in a single 2 minute 13.5 second sweep, to insert a single video at the beginning, ahead of the existing, completed layers. Can someone please save me many hours of individual mathematical conversions, by sharing how I can just create space at the beginning, to move the rest forward? In other words, move entire layer / layers strategically to the right. Thank you!
    Last edited by eureka; 26th Feb 2021 at 22:38.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Next time you open a new thread please put in a more descriptive title rather than "help",for this time i changed your title,more people will help you that way.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. What software are you using ?

In most editors, you can group select and move all layers/tracks over all together. It might be left click and marquee select, or ctrl or shift + select to group them

In some you can set a marker on an exact time or place so you can snap to the exact spot
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    not sure what software. thanks. will try it out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    In some editors, you can change the timeline forth then back. So timeline was starting at 01:00:00:00, you change it to 01:02:00:00, then you change it back to 01:00:00:00 but change mode so it doesn't let assets snap back. Now your first asset starts 2 minutes later and you just fill in.

Or

Some editors let you nest one timeline in another, so your original gets nested in another, where the original comes after the new elements.

Or

Just render your timeline as-is. Then create another timeline of new elements with same properties, render it. Then append the 2 together w/o re-encoding (in a diff app, like avidemux, ffmpeg).

Lots of ways.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks. will see what works.
    Quote Quote