VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've never encountered this issue with AutoGK and any DVD before.
    There is no copy protection, I've got all the files of the DVD copied to a folder and am not trying to rip straight from the disc, I've tried straight file copying via Windows Explorer and again with DVD Decrypter anyway.
    There are 5 VOBS and 2 IFO files. I've run the right IFO with the correct 90+ minute PGC length through AutoGK twice and both times even though the log says it's processing all VOBs in the directory it keeps outputting only 5 minutes worth of AVI and I don't even think it's the first 5 minutes of the movie.
    I also tried a program called AVI.net that's listed in the programs here, had never used it before, but it gives the exact same results.
    Oddly I tried the freeware version of Wonderfox DVD ripper which has a built in 15 minute rip limit, and it actually produced an AVI of the first 15 minutes, breaking the 5 minute threshold I was stuck at with all other programs, but I don't want to pay for the full version just to rip this one problematic disc.
    Not sure if it's related by when I try to input the IFO file in AGK that's not associated with the feature length movie PGC it gives a parsing error, but the 2nd IFO file does input but again as I stated I'm only getting a 5 minute AVI file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    autoGK is now quite an old program and only gives you xVID or DivX avi both of which are now out-dated.

Try vob2mpeg to see if that will create a single mpeg2 of the main movie or load the folder in to handbrake and see what that does (it should report 90+ mins) and encode in a more up-to-date codec from there.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use pgc.NET a rather old but still very useful tool from the same author as Avi.NET and choose the largest vob-90min one. Then run it through Avi.NET. It should transcode to Xvid fine now. Failing that you may need some sort of vob repair tool. I think there are some on this site.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/pgc.NET
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by toxiczombie View Post
    There are 5 VOBS and 2 IFO files.
    Tell us the full names and sizes of the VOB files.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Use makemkv then handbrake using x264 codec.
    Quote Quote