VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Folks, I live in an english speaking country but we just can't understand those UK accents. So I have to have subtitles. One of my favorite uploaders of great old Brit TV shows often has a subtitle track, but it appears to use a codec ID: txet. Nothing can read those and I can't seem to get ccextractor to get them either.

Anybody have any insight on this at all? What the heck is TXET?

Last edited by Truenorth179; 1st Mar 2021 at 16:56.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I finally solved this, if anyone is looking at a subtitle codec called TXET. It is not a subtitle track at all, although it looks like one to VLC. It's introduced by an application called VideoReDo TVSuite and what it's for is a mystery.

Quote Quote  
  3. This is great. I'll try it!
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's tough being a newbie. I need some help with subtitles, or perhaps they are closed captions. I'm ripping a small part of my DVD collection and I would love to get the subtitles. On my test DVD, they are there, as VOBSUB. Handbrake (which I'm using) can find these and pass them through as S_SUBVOB. I see them as the third track TEXT with MediaInfo. The subtitles appear with VLC but not on a Sony TV. I'm doing something wrong, likely in Handbrake.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tv's are the worst thing to try and play movie files with. they are years behind everything else. get a firestick, chromecast or other media player. tv's can usually only play low complexity mp4. and if they play subs at all they need to be in .srt format in a folder with the video file. named the same like video.mp4 and video.srt
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote