VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm trying to download Facebook live videos during their broadcast (I have to since they disappear when the live is over) but with no success. Anyone knows a way to do that? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Code:
    ffmpeg -user_agent "x" -referer "https://www.facebook.com/" -i ".mpd link" -c copy FBLive.mp4
    Use this Chrome extension to get the .mpd link. I don't know why, but first seconds of download have video and audio out of sync.

PS: It also works for Instagram live video, but you must to change the referer link to "https://www.instagram.com/".
    Quote Quote  
  3. I get a HTTP 403 error forbidden (access denied).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Nico Darko View Post
    I get a HTTP 403 error forbidden (access denied).
    Replace "x" with your user agent.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi. I get a "Output file 0 does not contain any stream".
    Also is the user agent suppose to be something like Chrome/88.0.4****.1*0 ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    That is the user agent

[Attachment 57582 - Click to enlarge]

Hi. I get a "Output file 0 does not contain any stream"
    I had that same problem, but because I misspelled the command line. Instead of writting:

ffmpeg -user_agent "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.146 Safari/537.36" -referer "https://www.facebook.com/" -i "mpd link" -c copy FBLive.mp4

I wrote:

ffmpeg -user_agent "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.146 Safari/537.36" -referer "mpd link" -c copy FBLive.mp4

Anyway, there's an easier way to download live fb videos using Streamlink.

Code:
    streamlink "mpd link" best -o FBLive.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok thanks, how does streamlink work though?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    It works the same as ffmpeg, youtube-dl, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  9. That's what I thought but what .exe file do I use? For ffmpeg there's just one, that I put in the same folder as the .bat file. With streamlinks, a bunch of files were installed, and the bat file is not working. I'm not sure what to do.
    Quote Quote  
  10. you must start cmd from the folder where you have the .exe files (yt-dl, ffmoeg, or streamlink) and then launch from the command line. you don't have to run .exe files...
    then copy and paste string at post #6 by lfer94
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thank you, it's working!
    I guess I didn't need to run and install streamlinks then.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    That's what I thought but what .exe file do I use? For ffmpeg there's just one, that I put in the same folder as the .bat file. With streamlinks, a bunch of files were installed, and the bat file is not working. I'm not sure what to do.
    After the installation, you just must open cmd to any folder you want to download the video or do what lomero said. Both ways work without any problems.
    Last edited by lfer94; 7th Mar 2021 at 04:19.
    Quote Quote