VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I purchased a Zoom H6 multi-track recorder and have been doing some hobby multi-track recording. I have mixed my recordings into AC3 format @ 640kbps using Audacity. I am looking for a way to put these audio AC3 files onto DVD or Blu Ray (ideally, keeping 640kbps and ideally without recoding). I am currently using 'Nero Multimedia Suite 10' (I just insert a picture for the video component). However, Nero recodes everything into 448K (even for Blu Ray, which can support up to 640kbps).

Does anybody know of a program which will support AC3 on Blu Ray (@ 640kbps)?

Thanks!

Ian
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You just want to write it as data? (Not authored as DVD or Blu-ray)
    Try Imgburn
    Quote Quote  
  3. No, ideally I'd like it to be able to play in a Blu Ray player so that anyone with a standard home theatre set up could listen.

I tried multiavchd (which seemed to work), but was getting massive file sizes (6 time the size of the original audio file) when using only a still image for video.

(maybe there's a way to achieve better compression for the video component only)

Ian
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder how much videobandwith can be saved, encoding just one still image.

Anyways, maybe you can live with a black screen as background video? Importing a pure black 1920x1080 BMP into Avidemux and outputting it with x264 blu-ray compatible settings will set you back under 10 MB for each hour.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi all.

I found a solution to the problem.

Audiomuxer does EXACTLY what I want. It combines the original 640kbps AC3 stream (without recording) with a photo, which then produces an ISO. The file size is bigger (although not much so) than the AC3 file, and the quality of the image is good. Also, it does the chapters work properly.

The problem I was having with multiAVCHD was that the file sizes were ~6x larger than the original audio stream (and the chapters were not working properly). With audiomuxer, the file sizes are ~1.5 times bigger (which is fine).

Ian
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had never heard of this tool. Great it served your purpose.
    Cheers
    Quote Quote