I am looking for the BEST PCI BUS solution to accomplish the task I have at hand. That task being the RELIABLE recording of a TON of closed caption information from COMPOSITE VIDEO in RAW format to a binary file via GRAPHS for later parsing by CCExtractor. I need the card to have a proven track record of being able to perform this function as that is ALL it will be doing and it will be doing a LOT of it back to back.
* I need the card to be PCI bus based ONLY - no usb devices, or PCI-E etc...
* Needs to have a RCA video input or at least a breakout box that provides RCA connectivity
* doesn't have to be in production (it probably wont be anyway given my set of requirements)
* preferably a card that has ONBOARD CC decoding that can be routed via GRAPH to a binary file via a dump.filter
* it MUST be RELIABLE in the fact that it can do the task all day long and do it accurately
* needs to have drivers that are still available
I have heard that BT878 cards (i.e. Conexant chipsets) have this capability, but have no first hand knowledge as to which ones are BEST for this application. Which is why I am asking the experts for your first hand knowledge of these devices... All suggestions fitting the criteria above are welcome.
Thank you all very much in ADVANCE!
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Last edited by thghgv; 22nd Feb 2021 at 18:06.
Please do not open another thread on a subject you already opened,one thread is enough,this thread is closed.continue here.
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/399547-Closed-Caption-capture-using-specific-hardw...e5#post2611547I think,therefore i am a hamster.