VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys,

I am brand new to this forum. Basically, I am trying to find out what program people are even using for Blu-Ray Disc/DVD authoring? I am an Adobe CC user, and of course they discontinued supporting Adobe Encore a couple years ago and recently it isn't usable at all anymore, which stinks because it was my go-to program for years, as I could very easily just transition right from Premiere Pro. Now I find myself stuck, I've tried a few programs but nothing has really been that good in my opinion for one reason or another. I've tried DVD architect but that seems very clunky and lacks support for many video formats.

Basically looking for any guidance here, as long as I can still edit in Premiere Pro and then use an authoring program that is fully customizable with menus, etc., I will be happy. Thanks!!

-Andy
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use tmpg authoring works 6 for blu-ray/dvd authoring when i need.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your response.

In my short experience using that program, the menu customization seems to be definitely lacking and limits you to what can be done. It seems after all my scouring of the internet over the last several months that there truly is no great Blu-Ray Disc authoring program out there that is simple yet not limiting. Plus, when you try to look up videos/guides for TMPGEnc in particular, there is basically next to nothing, which isn't a good sign.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've made good menus in that program,you just have to know what settings to use,also there's lots of guides for that program so it seems you aren't interested in it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. My go-to for tutorials or guides is on YouTube, of which there are about 2 total videos available, one of which is an automated voice speaking. If not that, there are others that are very outdated. Definitely interested in the program, it’s just hard when resources on understanding the program are so limited compared to say Adobe Encore before that got the axe.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't know about best but I use DVDStyler. I find it powerfull for menu creation and play-back control.

For Blu-Ray it is used in together with DVDtoBD Express. However, your menus are limited to SD resolution and the video codec to MPEG2. Post #4+ HERE.
    Quote Quote  
  7. A second vote here for TMPGenc Authoring Works for making Blu Rays. (If you're only making DVDs AVS2DVD is great.)

The menus are customizable, but it's less intuitive than Encore (especially if you're already used to Encore) and obviously lacks the direct integration with Photoshop.

That said, TAW runs a tight ship when it comes to meeting specs and assuring compatibility.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    for bluray i use blu-disc studio lite (the free version)

for dvd - dvdlabpro
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote