VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My snooper can only find m3u8 files named like 2.m3u8 or 3.m3u8, and it turns out that these are ads. It's really weird, 'cause those ts files are totally fine.

So, anyone knows how to download this video? Thanks in advance.
    https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/october-20-eric-idle/4023006
    Quote Quote  
  2. Average video editor Sviests's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Youtube-dl

Code:
    youtube-dl  --ap-mso --ap-username (username) --ap-password (password) "https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/october-20-eric-idle/4023006"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Sviests View Post
    Youtube-dl

Code:
    youtube-dl  --ap-mso --ap-username (username) --ap-password (password) "https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/october-20-eric-idle/4023006"
    It keeps saying youtube-dl: error: TV Provider account username missing
    I'm confused, what exactly is my username? My TV provider is Hulu, does it mean my email?
    Last edited by McFly2077; 18th Feb 2021 at 11:01.
    Quote Quote  
  4. use your email from your tv provider or from the site and your password and try it again
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ChezBompaLawijt View Post
    use your email from your tv provider or from the site and your password and try it again
    Still, TV Provider account username missing. Is there any other way besides this?
    Last edited by McFly2077; 18th Feb 2021 at 19:43.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Try using HLS Downloader or The Stream Detector to get the direct link of that video
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    Try using HLS Downloader or The Stream Detector to get the direct link of that video
    Tried both, but just got ads.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Please help me...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    What is your tv provider?
    Last edited by lfer94; 9th Mar 2021 at 16:24.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    He has already said Hulu in post #4
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    He has already said Hulu in post #4
    I didn't realize that xD
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by McFly2077 View Post
    Please help me...
    yt-dlp supports adobe pass multiple-system operator (TV provider) identifier, but Hulu is not available yet.

For example, in this case you should use:

Code:
    yt-dlp --ap-mso TVProviderID --ap-username YourUsername --ap-password YourPassword --allow-unplayable-formats "https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/october-20-eric-idle/4023006"
    You can request to the yt-dlp developer to add support for Hulu. However, this does not guarantee that you will be able to download the video instead of the ads.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please help me...

once your signed in with your account info, try using the youtube-dl cookies file
    option.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Deceased
    Search PM
    Please help me...
    If none of the tools work, you can laboriously do it manually for each piece of content, by observing the network traffic in the browser as the content loads.

This post from the other thread (to which you recently replied) shows the major requests to theplatform.

The url request that returns the media sources contains:

Code:
    link.theplatform.com
    The api request for the media sources to the above url will also include many query string parameters.

The first query string parameter follows "?", and each subsequent query string parameter follows "&".

For authenticated content, a very long query string parameter beginning with &auth= will also be included in the url to the api request.

In order to obtain a hls manifest (m3u8) that can be used directly with streamlink (and has less or no ads), several of the query string parameters in the url to the api request are removed. At least this is how youtube-dl does it.

Some of the query string parameters that should be removed from the ul to the api request are;

&player= [data]
    &policy= [data]
    &schema= [data]
    &sdk= [data]
    &switch=HLSOriginSecure
    &siteSectionId= [data]

And perhaps a few others.
    Quote Quote