VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Everyone

I have some issues with (.ass) file that don't match with the timing of movie (.mp4) file,

because the logos of production companies that come in the start of video make the subtitle come early,

while in another version of the movie it doesn't have the logos of the production companies in the start, which make the subtitle come at the right time with the scene.

Briefly, I want to change the subtitle timing to match the movie, for example :

text1: Hi [0:00:04.30] | [0:00:05.45]

text2: How are you ? [0:00:07.20] | [0:00:08.50]

I want to change the position of text1:

new_text1: Hi [0:00:08.40] | [0:00:09.55]

But THE MOST IMPORTANT text2 must change automatically after I edited text1 :

new_text2: How are you ? [0:00:11.30] | [0:00:13.00]

and the same with text3, text4, text5... until the last text automatically.

I mainly use aegisub for editing text size on style manager, but I didn't found the method to change text timing and automatically for the following texts,

if not on this software, which subtitle editing software can change texts timing automatically ?

Thank you !
    Last edited by aaajan; 13th Feb 2021 at 18:34.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Vlc can do it on the fly
    Quote Quote  
  3. All the subtitle editors let you subtract a fixed time from all subs. And, of course, all the decent players can do it on the fly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. In Aegisub click "Timing"->"Shift Times". You have different options, i.e. affect all rows, from a selected row onward et al.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    In Aegisub click "Timing"->"Shift Times". You have different options, i.e. affect all rows, from a selected row onward et al.
    It worked well. Thank you !
    Quote Quote