VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm sick of this slow, archaic, buggy mess. I'd be fine with even a couple of programs to replace it. Money doesn't matter. Paid free anything goes as long as I can at least get off this crap.
    Also is there a way to move projects between different applications? Maybe not like Adobe's dynamic link but something similar not to render and export in another application
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by DunnoNo View Post
    I'm sick of this slow, archaic, buggy mess. I'd be fine with even a couple of programs to replace it. Money doesn't matter. Paid free anything goes as long as I can at least get off this crap.
    Also is there a way to move projects between different applications? Maybe not like Adobe's dynamic link but something similar not to render and export in another application

AE is pretty fast for simple VFX, compositing. Not much out there that is faster or easier to use. What problems are you having exactly ? Just speed and stability ?

The gold standard would be Nuke for more advanced work. But it's not exactly fast either

Other options are Blender, Fusion, Shake. Natron is like an open source Nuke - superficially it works similarly, but it's much more limited in function

There is lots of VFX overlap in 2D, 3D applications these days - it depends on what exactly you are doing. You can do lots directly in Maya, C4D, 3DSMax, or Houdini . Each has various strengths and weakness for particular areas of VFX

In general there is no way to move projects. So dynamic link is still one of the useful bridges, but there are some interopability between specific programs like AE, C4D
    Quote Quote