VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    i just installed the new graphics card geforce galax nvidia geforce 210
    i just tried to duplicate to see the video on tv.
    The Tv works fine.
    when the tv is off, and in the hdmi connected status, the pc would not show any display, but i could see the process light on the start button glowing that it is working and starting windows. probably , sending the signals to tv in off position.
    Should i remove the hdmi plug to tv, to get the pc booted
    or is there any way out
    if i remove the hdmi, pc boots fine with the new card.
    Should i have to go to windows key p to choose the monitor mode, like this pc only , duplicate before closing the pc each time.
    Moreover, the audio could be played only on one device, either tv or pc.
    are there permanent solution for this
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm betting your PC is being affected by HDMI's CEC controls. It can be set to control power to your TV via your PC, or power to your PC via your TV, or both, or neither. Those are often set in the TVs menu.
    Am guessing you will want to turn off the 2nd one at least.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi,
    i could not understand.
    It is from pc that we send videos.
    i have not heard about hdmi cec
    You said that the controls are present in tv menu
    i just select source button and in the source, there are av,hdmi,tv etc.
    i just select hdmi and then go to pc to select duplicate monitor mode and then i see the video playing tv in hdmi connection.
    i just select av to see cable tv.
    where would be settings in the tv. Tv just shows hdmi1in
    you have advised to off the second device that is tv. It is in off position only
    I heard that audio could only be played back in only one of the device and not on two from windows pc. is it correct
    please give the exact solution
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jraju View Post
    Hi,
    i just installed the new graphics card geforce galax nvidia geforce 210
    i just tried to duplicate to see the video on tv.
    The Tv works fine.
    when the tv is off, and in the hdmi connected status, the pc would not show any display, but i could see the process light on the start button glowing that it is working and starting windows. probably , sending the signals to tv in off position.
    Should i remove the hdmi plug to tv, to get the pc booted
    or is there any way out
    if i remove the hdmi, pc boots fine with the new card.
    Should i have to go to windows key p to choose the monitor mode, like this pc only , duplicate before closing the pc each time.
    Moreover, the audio could be played only on one device, either tv or pc.
    are there permanent solution for this
    see this pdf guide - http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/GIGABYTE%20GeForce%20210%20Video%20Card%20Manual.pdf
    pages 21 - 22 - 23 shows how to set up dual displays.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. i have already done that with minimal changes .
    I said that i have seen the duplicate display in tv in hdmi mode
    But , what i am saying is , that my pc does not boot if the hdmi wire connects with tv in off position.
    Sometimes, even when the hdmi is disconnected, the pc does not auto off as usual
    Instead it totally , saying check signal message, as we usally diagnize when we just check the monitor if it is working without vga conector.
    Is there any settings to be made to tv set . i do not think so.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Change the primary display in the BIOS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, jagabo, thanks for the tips.
    I solved the problem , by changing the monitor mode to this computer only with windows key plus r key.
    then booted to this computer.
    I will also look in to bios
    Is it true that the sound will only be played in one media either in pc or in tv and not in two
    But video plays in two medias.
    please say
    Quote Quote  
  8. Audio will play in both displays if you use connections that pass audio. VGA does not carry audio so you'll need to run audio to the TV separately, analog or S/PDIF.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, jagabo,
    could you explain a little more. Yes , your point is correct as vga only send video signal.
    what is s/pdif
    will the issue solve, if i use hdmi one to two splitter, from the cpu, one connecting to pc and the other to tv, and passing audio signal as at present, selecting duplicate monitor.
    I am having only one hdmi port in the cpu
    Thanks for your tips of s/pdif connection.
    it is a digital audio output connection between tv and speaker.
    if that is the case, should a need a kind of audio splitter , one to two, one connecting to the tv and other other to pc.
    One more qub query:
    can hdmi connection bring sound to the video and audio without the speakers
    Then why hdmi ports are provided if it could only carry video and audio signals, but only can play video like vga connection
    I am knowing things from this fourm, which i did not hear before.
    Last edited by jraju; 12th Feb 2021 at 21:58.
    Quote Quote  
  10. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S/PDIF

An HDMI splitter will split both audio and video. The reference to RCA and S/PDIF is for when using a video connection that doesn't transmit audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Jagabo, ok I understand.
    If i use a Hdmi spliltter to connect the pc, and the hdmi portal of the tv, would it be possible to get audio on both the device.
    Should i need the audio s/pdif connection still to get audio on both the device
    of late I hear a new term hdmi output port,
    is that different from the hdmi-in
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jraju View Post
    Yes. i have already done that with minimal changes .
    I said that i have seen the duplicate display in tv in hdmi mode
    But , what i am saying is , that my pc does not boot if the hdmi wire connects with tv in off position.
    Sometimes, even when the hdmi is disconnected, the pc does not auto off as usual
    Instead it totally , saying check signal message, as we usally diagnize when we just check the monitor if it is working without vga conector.
    Is there any settings to be made to tv set . i do not think so.
    Are you sure it's not booting at all?
    My card sees any HDMI display it's connected to, even if the display is turned off.
    For my old NVIDIA card (VGA and HDMI outputs) if the HDMI out is connected to a display, the card uses HDMI as the primary output and I have no say in it. When the TV is off it still boots though, but it doesn't display any of the BIOS stuff, because it's displaying it on the TV which is off, however once Windows loads it's configured to use the CRT monitor as the primary monitor, so when Windows takes over the CRT comes to life and it doesn't matter if the TV is off.

I'm not sure how changing the primary display in the BIOS works as I have no onboard video so I can't change it that way, but you should be able to configure the primary display in the video card's control panel or in Windows Display Properties.

"Check signal" is normally something a monitor or TV displays when it can't see a video input, or in other words, when it's not connected to the PC. If the TV is complaining about a lack of signal, maybe it's because Windows is configured to use the CRT as the primary display and you've disabled the TV as the secondary monitor in display properties or video card's control panel. That'd probably prevent Windows from automatically switching to the TV as the primary display when the CRT is unplugged. If that's the case, the moral of the story would be to configure both displays and leave the TV enabled in Windows. There's no need to disable and enable multi monitor mode all the time.

In my case the video card's output is actually DVI, and connected to the TV with a DVI to HDMI adaptor, and the PC's sound card is connected to speakers via an analogue output, so I don't have the sort of audio problems you're describing and can't help much there.

One more thought.... many programs automatically start-up on the primary monitor, but some will automatically start up on the last display they were running on. If you leave multi monitor mode enabled all the time, and one day you try opening a program that doesn't appear normally on the primary display, you might have to turn the TV on in order to move it back manually. I have to do that on the odd occasion, but it's easier than disabling the second monitor to fix the problem and then having to re-configure the displays again.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 13th Feb 2021 at 03:56.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, what isaid that i left it duplicate display when closing the pc. So, the signal it sends to tv , instead of pc, and the tv is off.
    when your computer does not show any display and only shown check signal , i raised the query. I remembered this and as you say, it finally booted up after so many minutes and i went to windowsR plus p and selected the this computer only mode as has been the default.
    Then the problem solved about booting.
    Regarding the sound, i have only one hdmi in port , as such i have to monitor the audio playback only using the option in pc playback settings. If i enable the tv, it goes there and if i switch on the speaker, the computer gets the audio.
    Hence, jagabo, suggested sppdif connection for digital audio sound in tv, as well as in pc.
    My cable technician connected one hdmi meant for hd cable connection users, have connected to the other port, so when i press the source button on the tv remote, it shows tv, av, hdmi2 and both hdmi and av, gives you cable tv viewing.
    I have to look out for that connection, which is actually meant for other purpose.
    There is clearly a mark on the tv back, hdmi1- in (stb) probably meaning set top box .
    On enquiring at samsung ccare, they say, that i cannot get any signal from pc to tv , and hdmi-in is meant for set top box connection .
    He also says, that my tv does not have hdmi arc, which is required to get the audio from tv, nor dvi port.
    I am yet to see what are all connections are there available on my tv.
    He simply say, what I say is not at all possible and i could not say more to it.
    He also says, that if any tv has the dvi port, then connecting to the pc hdmi port would support , this dual viewing.
    Quite bit interesting to know, about these connections.
    i have to sae, where the hdmi2 port is getting to the display on source button press.
    my tv model is samsung ua22f5100ar model
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I managed to zoom the relevant portion of the page from my model pdf .
    i do find hdmi 2 and also hdmi 1 out, but could not locate at the back of the tv.
    now , you could advise me clearly how to go about, jagabo.
    Technician says that my tv does not have dvi port in the model
    there is already a cable in the hdmi3dvi port, probably for cable connection for av and hd consumers
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	zoomedmaualpage.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	57338  

Click image for larger version

Name:	tv back.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	57340  

Last edited by jraju; 13th Feb 2021 at 07:04.
    Quote Quote  
  15. What makes you think your TV has HDMI out? DVI and HDMI are the same signal, just different connectors. You can use a DVI to HDMI converter cable -- just like the manual shows.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, jagabo, now i understand , the output is the other device . Thanks
    But, souce button in tv shows hdm12, as something is connected to the tv, as you sya hdmi dvi port.
    i do not have any dvi port in the pc to connect to.
    i did connect the first connection near the usb port, ie hdmi1-in to the hdmi port available in the back of pc.
    But it was said that this port is available only for channel of set top box.
    I sent the picture , as well said that sourceing either av or hdmi2 give the cable tv shows .
    how do i get the audio in the tv as well
    as hdmi1- in connected with hdmi-in port of pc, there should not be any problem in getting the audio on both source.
    i will look in to tv tools or settings to enable anything .
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by jraju View Post
    i did connect the first connection near the usb port, ie hdmi1-in to the hdmi port available in the back of pc.
    But it was said that this port is available only for channel of set top box.
    Any HDMI device can be connected there. Many people will use it for their STB.

Originally Posted by jraju View Post
    how do i get the audio in the tv as well
    Configure your computer to send audio to the HDMI port.
    Quote Quote  
  18. My TV is a Samsung. I assume yours has a PC mode as mine does? That's what the HDMI input labelled HDMI/DVI is for, and why it's labelled as it is.

My TV has no DVI input either (although it does have VGA), but it has a HDMI input labelled DVI.
    HDMI and DVI are compatible, so I don't think it matters if the PC output is HDMI or DVI with an adaptor, but when you plug the PC into the HDMI/DVI input....

Don't hold me to this exactly because I set my TV up years ago, so I'd have to consult the manual to check.
    If you connect the PC to the TV at 1080p (or the TV's native resolution) and make sure the refresh rate is 60Hz, and the video card's output might have to be RGB, and I think you need to name the HDMI/DVI input either PC or DVI or something similar, and if you connect to the HDMI/DVI input, the TV should switch itself into PC monitor mode.

For my TV, the VGA input doesn't have all the picture options the HDMI inputs do, and when the TV is in PC mode the HDMI input has the same options as VGA while the others are greyed out, as most of the TV's picture enhancing %^$% should be disabled in PC mode. That's how I remember it working at least, but there's no fanfare to inform you the TV has switched to PC mode. Maybe it displays a message on the screen, or maybe it doesn't. I can't remember.

I do recall that for my TV, when it's in PC mode and there's RGB running along the HDMI cable, it must be full range. The option to configure the input for full or TV range is greyed out, making it the same as a DVI or VGA input in that respect. And..... as another memory claws it's way out.... I'm pretty sure my TV is happy with YCbCr444 as the input for HDMI/PC mode, but it expects it to be limited range. I think....

Did you work out what was plugged into HDMI/DVI input when you tool the photo?
    Last edited by hello_hello; 14th Feb 2021 at 07:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hello, hi, read your letter,
    I just connected the pc with hdmi-in for pc display and the other end to the tv hdmi-in.
    When my source button shows hdmi1, i set it to pc, as external source as the menu goes.
    There is no problem there.
    I want to configure my audio to pass through the tv speaker, which i could not find the menu for it.
    customer care executive, says saome menu lilke sound output to find where the source output of the separkers are set and i have to configure to select tv speaker to get the tv voice or audi
    here I have the problem . i do not find the menu in my model .
    my hdmi2dvi port is set both to cable and hdmi for hd cable tv users.
    When i took the picture all the wires are plulgged , so i could not get what was in the hdmi dvi input.
    how can i access the sound output menu , as jagabo, says to configure, I am searching for the same.
    Will try to send a clear picture of what was connected to hdmi dvi input
    Quote Quote  
  20. If your video card supports audio, and I assume they would these days if they have a HDMI output, you might need to configure Windows to use the video card for audio by default. When you unplug the HDMI cable, it should revert back to using your sound card.

I found some instructions via google for doing that.
    https://tencomputer.com/hdmi-audio-has-no-sound-on-windows-10/
    These instructions seem to be for a way to have the same audio from both PC and TV, but I haven't tried it. The only PC I have with a HDMI out is a laptop and I assume it has a single sound card that does everything.
    https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-play-audio-through-hdmi-speakers-sim...-in-windows-7/

Another thought I had, assuming your video card includes sound, is whether you could set the PC to "speakers" as the default, and use a player that allows you to select a particular audio device. If it works, in theory the audio from the player should be sent to the TV while everything else uses the PC's sound card. Once again, I can't test it.
    VLC and SMPlayer have an audio menu for selecting the audio device. For MPC-HC it looks like you need to choose the audio device under Options/Playback/Output.

[Attachment 57379 - Click to enlarge]

Something else that just occurred to me. For a long time most Nvidia cards were capable of audio over DVI, for when the card is connected to a HDMI input with an adaptor, but they needed to get the audio from your sound card, and the sound card needed to have an S/PDIF connector. Often there's one on the motherboard for integrated audio.
    https://www.instructables.com/How-to-convert-an-Nvidia-Video-card-DVI-output-to-/
    Connecting the two with a cable would probably be a last resort thing, assuming video card's with their own audio still have a S/PDIF connector.

Something I didn't know... apparently newer Nvidia cards can send audio through their DVI outputs without any help from a soundcard.
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2562
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi, Hello, your second link, i have enabled the stereo mix.
    I already said that i could play the sound in tv also, as one of the playback device from pc.
    But what I want, is to configure the tv to get the tv voice in the tv.
    I will try this trick for simultaneous audio experience you have given in the second link.
    I willl also check one another thing, to plugout the speaker connection from the pc and try to play with the selection of tv as playback.
    using stereo mix, as disabled item and enable a recording device is really a good solution from you .
    if i hear the sound from tv, when i plulgging off the pc audio, then the problem is solved.
    will try.
    where is sound output in tv menu or tools menu. i do not find anything like that , as the custcare executive said to know the source of the speaker connected and i had to change that to the tv speakers. This menu does not exist in my tv.
    thanks again for your tips
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Jagabo,
    I hava a 3to 1 hdmi siwitch with adaptor to connect tv and other devices with my pc. As I have only one hdmi port in the graphics card, i want to try this one to connect to my pc and tv first.
    I have a query.
    When i connect, the hdmi cable in to the input 1, after connecting the hdmi cable with the hdmi switch, having only one port with the cpu hdmi port. and then connecating the hdmi cable from input 1 to pc back hdmi port, i am not able to boot to see the display. No light is either glowing on the hdmi switch, but the adaptor lilght is glowing green.
    Will the light glow, when an input is connected or should we press the selector button. No light is glowing if i press the selector button on any input port.
    Why
    Am i right in connecting pc monitor with input one, and the tv in the second output.
    or am i wrong.
    i enclose the witch i bought along with the connection . please say , why my hdmi not glowing when i test cpu to monitor thro the hdmi switch as enclosed in the pic
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hdmi connection.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	57435  

Quote Quote  
  23. It looks to me like you are using that switch backwards. The way you've labeled the diagram it has three inputs and one output. That means it's for connecting three different HDMI sources to one TV, not for connecting one source (your computer) to three different devices (TV, monitor, capture device, whatever). If it's a mechanical switch that's ok. But if it's electronic it shouldn't work at all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Jagabo, i begin to understand a little about switches.
    Should i buy some othere device , cannot I work with what I have
    or is there any wrong connection.

can i connect the cpu hdmi cable to one of the input port and other input to pc. By athe explanation you have given, it seems there is wrong purchase of device.
    I asked for one to two splitters, but he has given the wrong device.
    He says that i need hdmi switch, to connect o tv or other devices.
    Moreover, one to two splitters are available only on online , he said.
    Anyhow , i will return the switch and replace with or get the refund.
    From your post, i think , that i cannot use at all this device
    would you give the link in amazon.in or flipkart.in what to buy
    i think , i needlessly bought an adapter connected device.
    i see the difference in video, if i connect the pc with the hdmi port.
    i just want the same experience with tv, if i can route only sound to either pc or tv.
    The video qualilty is reallly amazing in my pc.
    A quick reply would give me a idea of what i need would help be to replace with the required device or buy a new thing .
    the switch costs about Rs.400, the adaptor 200.
    Quote Quote  
  25. You need an HDMI splitter like this:

https://www.amazon.com/HD-102-Powered-Splitter-Certified-Support/dp/B005HXFARS/

It has one input. Whatever comes in that HDMI port goes both HDMI outputs. So your computer's HDMI output will go to both the monitor and the TV.

Code:
                           +-----------------------+
                           |                       |  
    power supply --------->|    HDMI Splitter      |  
                           |            HDMI OUT 1 |----> TV HDMI IN
    computer HDMI OUT ---->| HDMI IN               |
                           |            HDMI OUT 2 |----> Monitor HDMI IN
                           +-----------------------+
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi, Thanks for the best product recommendation.
    After posting to you in the morning, went to the shop again, some kilometres away, and asked him to check the device.
    He says, that the light would glow only on connection.
    I explained him about his wrong choice of device, we can swith on the switch to turn on light, and not vice versa.
    I got the refund of the amount of adaptor and the switch.
    Thank you so much for the product recommendation
    i also checked at amazon.in, and it is available .
    please say only one thing, do i need , a connector wire , or the device has a male hdmi jack to connect to the cpu,
    i also read that adapter kind is not needed

please just confirm, and i will order it.
    The link at amazon.in as i found is here
    expecting your reply
    Thanks expecting gigabo. what is usb powered
    the link
    This is what is in the link . should we use the usb port instead of the available hdmi port
    Includes 1 - 4K 1x2 Splitter, 1 - USB Power Cable, 1 - User Manual (Power Adapter not Required), Lifetime OREI Tech Support & 12-Month Manufacturer's Warranty. Please note this adapter doesn't connect with Mobile Phon
    https://www.amazon.in/HD-102-Powered-Splitter-Certified-Support/dp/B005HXFARS
    I had searched for the product , but no one had that in their shops.
    Last edited by jraju; 18th Feb 2021 at 06:23.
    Quote Quote  
  27. The device needs power (electricity, 5V DC) to run. That power can come from a USB port on your computer or an AC/DC adapter plugged into the wall. According to the description he device includes a USB to power cable, or a wall adapter and cable, depending on which you order.

You will need three normal HDMI cables. One to connect the computer to the splitter, one to connect the splitter to the TV, one to connect the splitter to the monitor.

One possible problem: the computer needs to supply a signal that's acceptable to both display devices. For example, if one device accepts only 720p, but the other accepts only 1080p, the splitter will not work for you. If both devices accept 1080p and your computer can output 1080p then you will be fine.
    Last edited by jagabo; 18th Feb 2021 at 08:33.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Jagabo, this post will definitely be useful to more number of users .
    nice details on every post by you and other members.
    From your description, the usb power cable, is a kind of mobile charger, is int it
    So, i need a 3 hdmi cable, which i have, and one plug point extra for the usb power .
    you are connecting the hdmi cable from cpu to splitter, which has the device powered by usb charger, help in transmitting the signal, as long as required to the other device.
    I have ordered the same .
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by jraju View Post
    So, i need a 3 hdmi cable, which i have, and one plug point extra for the usb power .
    If your computer has a spare USB port you can power the splitter from there if you get the splitter with the USB cable. Otherwise get the one with the wall wart.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have a spare usb port. Ok.
    But wha is the other one, , You mean a charger.for the usb.
    From the order page link , what they supplyis a kind of one to two feet usb that would normally fit in to pc usb port and the splitter's usb port.
    Thanks . I will share with the experience once i get the product.
    you just imagine prior arrangement.
    as i do not know the length of the usb cable, I have to rest the splitter so that i could safely use the 3hdmi cables with a proper seating, two cables always with the computer and one detachable when not required.
    thank you. But i find it strange, that it is not available in main markets and only available online
    Quote Quote