VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Instead of seeing a runtime as 03:11 (3 minutes 11 seconds) I want to be able to see it as JUST seconds (191). Is there a way to do this in VLC or MPC?

Asking because I need to set many markers in avidemux and the script only recognizes seconds.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try using VirtualDub2. It has an option to display the current frame time in seconds.milliseconds. It's an editor but it can play videos as well as edit them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. - mpv can display time in seconds.ms

But Avidemux uses pts, which will not match exactly time in video players, virtualdub or ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    - mpv can display time in seconds.ms
    It still shows hours and minutes though.

Basically I don't want to have to do that calculation in my head and figure out what 1:03:08 is in seconds. I just want to be able to see 3788 and write it down.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Code:
    mpv --title="${media-title}:${=time-pos}" video.mp4
    will display 3788.827000 in the window title, but you can display it where you like (ex: as an OSD key-binding).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    Code:
    mpv --title="${media-title}:${=time-pos}" video.mp4
    will display 3788.827000 in the window title, but you can display it where you like (ex: as an OSD key-binding).
    Thank you very much!

And thanks jagabo for mentioning Vdub but MPV seems to play the videos smoother for me.
    Quote Quote