+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, there.

I downloaded a folder with 2 folders within:

VIDEO_TS
    AUDIO_TS

How can I extract or convert these files so I obtain the 5 or 6 videos they contain to see at VLC?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    start vlc. click media/open folder and point it at the video_ts folder and it will play like it's a dvd. if you burned those 2 folders onto a dvd-r blank it would be a dvd.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But I want to extract the several videos to see them at the TV.

Is it possible?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Jomapil View Post
    But I want to extract the several videos to see them at the TV.
    Is it possible?
    Yes, check the VIDEO_TS folder.
    Every movie has a name like VTS_02_1.VOB, where the first number is the movie number and the second number the part number; so a full movie goes g.e. with final number from 1 to 4.
    You can easily extract and merge the whole movie with clever FFmpeg-GUI. All you have to do is point to one of the movie parts when searching for the source video, e.g. VTS_03_02.VOB and the whole movie will be ripped, merged and then available for further processing.
    (unprotected DVD's only)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could use MakeMKV and load the VIDEO_TS folder into it. Actually it will want the VIDEO_TS.IFO file inside the folder. It will then wrap each individual title within the DVD structure as a MKV file
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for all the advices.

The clever FFmpeg-GUI didn't function may be I didn't find FFplay necessary for the program to function.

But with MakeMKV I hadn't any difficulty because it is very easy. It has only a little problem ( not important ):
    The first VIDEO_TS has 10 videos and it supplies only one video and not 10 independent videos.

But it's OK, that is not very important.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The first VIDEO_TS has 10 videos
    Maybe they are chapters in one title? Then for a DVD you can use Manual Mode in MakeMKV to split by chapters.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9969
    Quote Quote