VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Nero 2021. I have cut a section of a video and have the file saved in Nero Video Compilation format. It is only 15 seconds long. I can't seem to convert it to a format that I can play it in such as mp4. Please help.

My info is:
    AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, 16 GB RAM, SAMSUNG 500GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce 210, driver 9.18.13.4195; 1/29,2016.
    WINDOWS 10 HOME, 20H2 UPDATE,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't the nvc file a nero project only? I don't think it contains video/audio
    Quote Quote  
  3. I sometimes use Nero Video 2018 and the nvc is a project file.
    If you can open the nvc file from nero in Nero Video 2021,
    you will see your whole movie in the timeline.
    To get a DVD/Bluray or MP4/MKV-file you can use the export button on the lower end of the window.
    Then you can choose between different file formats.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks James. I did finally figure it out. Sorry for bothering everyone, but I am new. I don't think the tutorial video emphasized this part of the process very well. You simply click on "Export" in the bottom of the editing screen in Nero Video Advanced editor. It gave me a choice of format and location on the computer. They did have an answer for it under one of the numerous help menus.

I just wanted to thank you. I will be sure to try out some of your suggestions. I am "hooked" now on playing with this editing software. I thought about buying Corel software as their Picture Publisher DCE was so helpful and I still use it. I may do that just to support them as I have been able to use this software since 2004. It still works wonders for my everyday picture editing needs. Take care. Things are looking up over here on the "bigger island" lol.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is supposed to happen when you open an NVC file? I cut all but a one minute segment of a video and saved it as an NVC. When I opened the NVC file there is nothing in the editor or the file list. I do see the file name at the top of the window. I saved the NVC in the same folder as the source video.
    Quote Quote