Hey,

New to the group and didn't see any threads that discussed the general philosophy for ripping DVDs so I thought I'd start one.

The reason I rip DVDs is that I actually HATE DVDs. I don't like the process of having a standalone player that I need to go to an area of my house where I store a physical copy of a disc, walk over to the player, set up the video system, etc...

So, I use a Media player like Windows Media Center (Don't Judge) and lately, a raspberry PI with LibreElec and KODI to access media files (Including DVDs) on my home network from any location in my house.

I had the foresight to start ripping my collection in the "Native" format in order to maintain full functionality like menus, special features, etc. because, hey, I might want to listen to the director's commentary some day and I don't want to have to go find the DVD in my garage.

I see that most people just go straight for the single, easy "I-just-want-to-watch-the-movie-right-now" MPG format. but I don't mind a couple of short intro clips, etc.

I'm looking for any solid alternates to ripping DVDs to maintain all of the menu functionality, etc. but the only way I know is to rip in the native format (VIDEO_TS folder with *.VOB files, etc.)

Cheers!