VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab Video Downloader and rip Netflix video! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Looking for advice on free or cheap software please.

I'm editing in Premiere PRO CS3 and using debugmode frameserver to serve the video.

At the moment I'm serving to virtualdubmod but the problem is I can't output to mp4 with AAC audio.

So, after my workflow I'm left with avi with PCM audio and I want an mp4 with AAC audio.

Any tips or suggestions would be vastly appreciated thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    output to lossless avi (huffyuv, lagarith, utcodec, etc.) with pcm. import that into vidcoder, handbrake, or any other recent encoder of your choice. output mp4/aac.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    voukoder is your friend

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks Cornucopia but it looks like voukoder doesn't work with premiere cs3 as I've just tried and can't get the premiere connector to work.

Thanks aedpuss, that's something i considered but I'm trying not to encode twice simply to save time. Is a double encode the only way?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sorry, didn't catch (read: pay attention to) the CS3 part.

Can Vdub2 accept frameserver input, I wonder? That would allow for mp4 output, at least.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks Scott
    Didn't even know there was a vdub2. I've only ever known of vdub and vdubmod. Does anyone know please? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. I've almost never used frame serving with VD, but assuming that's irrelevant, for VD2 you just need to configure the video and audio compression. VD2 will use ffmpeg to encode as AAC and if you select the File/Save Video menu (which includes the audio despite sounding like it doesn't). Choose MP4 as the output format and save.
    Quote Quote