VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. apologizing for my bad English I want to ask to community one help: i have many 4k videos both in MKV and MP4 format I would like to know what software to use to make blurays WITH MENU..blu i accept any suggestion so both software free and paid software....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BD Wizard from DVDLogic can author a basic UHD Blu-ray with a menu. See https://dvd-logic.com/bd_wizard

Thread started by the developer: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/399490-DVDLogic-BD-Wizard-v1-0-released%21
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. dvdFab and power2go13 is what i use
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rip-it6817 View Post
    dvdFab and power2go13 is what i use
    mikyitalia wants a menu for his UHD Blu-ray. In the past, DVDFab's UHD Blu-ray authoring software, UHD Creator, was only able to author UHD Blu-ray without menus. Did DVDFab finally add the ability to create menus to its UHD Creator authoring software?

BD Wizard does menu creation, although I think it may only accept demultiplexed audio and video files that are already compliant with the UHD Blu-ray spec as input. If BD Wizard doesn't include burning, ImgBurn is a good free burner.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 25th Sep 2021 at 21:48.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Can't speak about the past but I can tell you that is what I use to create menus. Look on website and read through the features
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rip-it6817 View Post
    Can't speak about the past but I can tell you that is what I use to create menus. Look on website and read through the features
    OK, I looked at the Guide section on the DVDFab UHD Creator page. No help there. There was one screenshot featuring the words "no menu". Maybe it can copy a menu if one had the files and folders from a ripped disc?

In 2020 UHD Creator couldn't create menus. See https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/399337-4K-authoring-with-FULLY-CUSTOM-menus-Is-it-...le#post2599554
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 25th Sep 2021 at 23:19.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I use it a lot you can create menus
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dvd fab menu.png
Views:	402
Size:	311.2 KB
ID:	60957  

Click image for larger version

Name:	menues.png
Views:	134
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	60958  

Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your example is for Blu-ray Creator, not UHD Creator. They are different DVDFab products. The product page for Blu-ray Creator indicates that it can create menus. The product page for UHD Creator contains nothing about menu creation in its features list or the guide.

[Edit]However, if mikyitalia wants to create a Blu-ray (HD resolution) with a menu from 4K sources and not a UHD Blu-ray (UHD resolution) then Blu-ray Creator would work for that.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 26th Sep 2021 at 13:12.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Man they have to many products for me. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 should also be able to create Blu-rays (HD resolution) with a menu from 4K sources. However, TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 can't author UHD Blu-ray.

[Edit] mikyitalia did say he wanted a "Blu-ray". Technically that is the HD variety, and there are several options for consumer Blu-ray authoring. However, I assumed he meant a UHD Blu-ray since he has a UHD source and there is just the one that I know of that is capable of creating menus. BD Wizard does author both Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray. I don't know if it can convert non-compliant files if it receives them as input. It may require compliant input like some of the DVD and Blu-ray authoring software that I have tried or looked at in the past.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 26th Sep 2021 at 14:09.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Your example is for Blu-ray Creator, not UHD Creator. They are different DVDFab products. The product page for Blu-ray Creator indicates that it can create menus. The product page for UHD Creator contains nothing about menu creation in its features list or the guide.

[Edit]However, if mikyitalia wants to create a Blu-ray (HD resolution) with a menu from 4K sources and not a UHD Blu-ray (UHD resolution) then Blu-ray Creator would work for that.
    Exactly
    Quote Quote  
  12. If your 4K video contains HDR, it needs to be converted to SDR first. Otherwise, its color will become lighter and look like gray.
    Quote Quote