VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I have some older CDs/DVDs which can't be easily read anymore and I try to have them backed up as good as possible.
    I gave a try to ImgBurn and IsoBuster but there was always a point where they couldn't go on even when I tried multiple drives with IsoBuster.
    Now I came across IsoPuzzle and all started very promising. After some hours and the use of two different drives I recovered my first complete ISO of one disc. But when I tried to play it with VLC the movie stops at one point. About 2min are not played and I think this is the part of the disc where the most errors occured when reading it. I still don't understand why IsoPuzzle pretended to have read all sectors without any errors left.
    Did you experience anything like that? I have a second ISO created with IsoPuzzle where the exactly same happens.
    Any suggestions what I can do? Is there any program which is able to do this better or any program to repair the obviously damaged vob-file?

Thank you for your help
    Quote Quote  
  2. The last resort:
    ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/h2cdimage.zip
    This is a command line program and slightly difficult to use, but it can recover CD/DVD data where other programs fail.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by ProWo; 2nd Feb 2021 at 08:36.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your suggestion, I will give it a try.
    Comparing the readme-files of the two just gives me the impression IsoPuzzle could be a clone of h2cdimage with a GUI and some more features like cycle tray. But this is only an impression and I don't know, so I will have to try it.
    Quote Quote