VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone, I hope this is the right forum for this question. I have a movie that has half the movie on one side of the disc and the other half on the other side of the disc.
    can someone suggest a easy way to combine both halves on one disc.

thanks in advance
    Fr@nk C@$tle
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    depends. how do you want to watch the combined movie? on a dvd, blu-ray, or as a file?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Down and dirty, you can do it.

I watched a movie last night: 'Redemption' (Jason Statham). I wanted to watch 'The taking of Pelham 1 2 3'.

Title of 'iso' was "'The taking of Pelham 1 2 3.iso", however, 'Redemption' began playing. full movie, then The taking of Pelham 1 2 3 began playing.

What I had done was I ripped "Redemption" with DVDShrink, and forgot to delete the *selected* file in Shrink before ripping Pelham. Shrink 'stacked' Pelham on (after) Redemption. Pelham started immediatley after the end of Redemption.

If you rip this way, (1st side 1st then 2nd side, movie will smoothly transition from 1st to 2nd side almost seamlessly. Only thing is, fwd/bkwrd chapters & ffwd/bkwrd only work in their respective half of the movie. Once in the 'second' half, only way back to '1st' half is stopping (including 'start where you left off or words to that effect, my media player = press 'stop' twice)

I've done this quite a few times, once or twice on purpose, many times accidentally!

One other issue, size of iso, (on media player), shows size of whichever 'side' is 'playing'. eg, iso size is in fact (for example) 8 gig, player shows maybe 3.5g for 1st side, & 4.5g for 2nd side. Movie is twice as big as shewn.

R U confused yet? It does work!
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote