VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to basically ditch physical media and run from home media server with full audio/video intact...

HOWEVER - for my family's sake, I need to edit the movies first.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC to edit - and preferably I'd retain the highest quality audio track (and even an added Stereo track, if I could find a way to attach them both to the edited video file I create - Of course, I'd need to be able to select which audio track I want upon playback). I'm talking 7.1 or 5.1 + stereo.

This is a lot, I realize, but I'm not looking for ANY compression whatsoever, so hopefully that makes the answering a little easier.

THANK YOU!

Please note I work on an iMac Pro.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, bro.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by houseroundfile View Post
    I want to basically ditch physical media and run from home media server with full audio/video intact...

HOWEVER - for my family's sake, I need to edit the movies first.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC to edit - and preferably I'd retain the highest quality audio track (and even an added Stereo track, if I could find a way to attach them both to the edited video file I create - Of course, I'd need to be able to select which audio track I want upon playback). I'm talking 7.1 or 5.1 + stereo.

This is a lot, I realize, but I'm not looking for ANY compression whatsoever, so hopefully that makes the answering a little easier.

THANK YOU!

Please note I work on an iMac Pro.
    try looking in the macos software video tools section - https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/macos-video-tools
    Quote Quote  
  5. That is a huge list... so cumbersome. I'm looking for an inside tip. What tool can I use to accomplish the stated purpose of my original post? And I'll include that I have the following software already:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC
    MakeMKV
    Handbrake
    Last edited by houseroundfile; 5th Feb 2021 at 02:38.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by houseroundfile View Post
    That is a huge list... so cumbersome. I'm looking for an inside tip. What tool can I use to accomplish the stated purpose of my original post? And I'll include that I have the following software already:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC
    MakeMKV
    Hardbrake
    would dvdfafab video converter for mac work ?? - https://www.dvdfab.cn/video-converter-for-mac.htm
    Quote Quote  
  7. Really, I'm trying to obtain the way to:

a) rip BluRay without ANY A/V loss to an editable format within Adobe Premiere Pro 2020

b) make Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 encode my edits into a video format/container that retains all data, with no loss on the back end

Does anyone know precisely how to accomplish this?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I do not think, that Adobe Premiere (whatever version) is the right tool for this job.
    Just rip the BD with Makemkv and select the bits you want to keep.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Premiere Pro is a great editing tool, but it will not smart render BR compatible files losslessy.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Ok., now we may be getting somewhere.

I'm editing single swear words (or sexual scenes) out of our purchased bluray movies so they become more family-friendly.

WHICH video editing software will allow me to make these micro-changes (even adjusting some audio to cover the cuts) if not Premiere Pro?

I already rip full size MKV, so that is my starting point.
    Quote Quote