VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello

Is there a such a software that can remove protection like mp4decrypt do ? I've read that ffmpeg can but I never find a proper line of command

Thanks guys
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Mp4decrypt can do it. Even if the media file had no extension, as long as the atoms are there, it will successfully decrypt. It doesn't matter what extension the files have.
    Quote Quote  
  3. In all cases you need the key(s). The syntax is different per program obviously.

With ffmpeg for Windows you will also need the 'full' ( ~120mb) version or a cutdown version that actually includes the decrypt option (most dont). Or even better the unix version from a unix based platform.
    Last edited by codehound; 29th Jan 2021 at 15:02.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    @hvq

I've tried that

mp4decrypt.exe --key kid:key input.mkv output.mkv

It doesn't work, I used ismdownloader to download/remux all .ts files, I used ismdownloader because it's the only program I know that keep multiple audio tracks. I tried m3u8dl for an .mp4 output which is great (mp4decrypt works) but it can only download 1 audio track and that audio is the video descriptive one not the original soundtrack/dialog tracks.

do you have any suggestions ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Url?
    Mp4decrypt works
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by kalemvar1 View Post
    @hvq

I've tried that

mp4decrypt.exe --key kid:key input.mkv output.mkv

It doesn't work, I used ismdownloader to download/remux all .ts files, I used ismdownloader because it's the only program I know that keep multiple audio tracks. I tried m3u8dl for an .mp4 output which is great (mp4decrypt works) but it can only download 1 audio track and that audio is the video descriptive one not the original soundtrack/dialog tracks.

do you have any suggestions ?
    Unless you give us the URL of the video you are trying to DL then we are pissing in the wind trying to advise you.

Maybe its possible the audio and video should be downloaded separately - both decrypted - then the decrypted 2 files should be merged.

Both ffmpeg and mp4decrypt will both decrypt successfully - provided you have the correct key(s) for the file you are decrypting - you obviously don't.
    Last edited by codehound; 30th Jan 2021 at 17:43.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    here is the link https://ici.tou.tv/bye-bye-2020/S01E01?lectureauto=1 (it's Canada located so you need a VPN)

I've the key you each time you play the video it changes.

I hope we can find a way to download it (or video + audio)

Thanks codehound for the help
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the video, how did you manage to retrieve it ? I mean with the good soundtrack ? Audio01, I just want to learn, thanks ��
    Quote Quote  
  9. hellos I want to download video via a digital video platfom I can do how to download with IDM but the downloaded file opens as if it is corrupted and the audio file does not happen because it has DRM protection
    Quote Quote