Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    links dont work, says it was moved or something
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes the godaddy site uses tsl security below 1.2. Many popup blockers dont like it and you get that message. I disabled my chrome blockers and it works normal. I contacted godaddy and they say they will work on it?? Even my cell phone is rejected if site security is set to high. I am currently working with them to find out why suddenly it doesnt work and how to fix it.

In the mean time I have to allow the url or set security lower in my browser.
    Last edited by Budman1; 1st Feb 2021 at 15:23.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I managed to download it. (with my phone). and the only problem I'm having with it,Image
    [Attachment 57096 - Click to enlarge]
    is that I get an error message when I try to convert a file, however, if I remove the "." before the file name, then it goes through, and basically ends how I want it to. any chance you can make it accept the date like this: .2000-05-01_21-40.00.avi with the period in front? im not sure how im gonna erase the periods from hundreds of file names
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    P.S. the program icon could be a little more relevant, (but im probably pushing it with this comment).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I will just increase to 4 non date symbols. I'll work on that tonight.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The icon is a symbol of man 6, woman 9, birth asterisk, deaths cross and infinite forever. So man, woma, births, deaths, forever. Lol
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    im not sure how im gonna erase the periods from hundreds of file names
    Renamer.

I've used it for years, best thing since sliced bread. Get rid of all those _, ., , and the rest from any number of file names in one fell swoop.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you. This utility just scans left 10 characters for other than numerous or '/' and replaced es them with /. Since your filename changes _2001-01-01 Into /2001/01/01 that invalid. I should be able to skip any first digits if not numeric.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What, not "Man-Woman-Person-Camera-TV"?

Anyway, https://www.1-4a.com/rename/ was always my fave batch renamer.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's just something I came up with in the army in 1969. Renamer would work to remove extra dashes but I like to tinker so I'll try to fix nams2dates.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    simply needs a simple fix to read the same file name just with a period before the name. i've had varying degrees of luck with the renaming programs, so this would be greatly appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Okay. New link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/y63bpz0pkbcbda1/NamesIntoDates2.exe?dl=0

Give it a try. It now updates the example for each item to be converted and throws away all NON_NUMERIC prefix characters. As you can see in the example below it eliminated the _ in one and the x_- in the other. It still only checks for 3 non-dateTime characters since that all I can think of to use '.' '-' '_'
    [Attachment 57099 - Click to enlarge]

Let me know if you have problems. It is a dropbox link and anyone should be able to download. If you can without problems then GoDaddy is history. They already trashed my website.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, you did it.

You solved my problem.

the program works exactly how I want it to, and does what I need. now I just gotta methodically go through all my videos and redate them, and sort.

The dropbox link worked fine. godaddy should be dumped, and not only for this. ive seen some complaints from people that they register domain names that people check a price on, and they even killed off one of the biggest gun owner forums on the internet (I believe).

As for this thread, I believe we may have reached the end, and I am very greatful for everyones help, especially budman for the program. (no thanks go to that adipuss guy, stupid ****)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure what you mean by methodically renaming. All the items entered in from soup e folder will be done one after the other.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah i know, its just me being extra careful to make sure everything ends up where it needs to.

I'll tell you if i run into any problems
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good sir, I wish to thank you for your service. everything is going accordingly.

Now, I must out of curiosity ask: how did you make this? what did you use? (dont want to be nosy or annoying, just curious).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use visual studio 2019 (Free) and the visual basic with .net portion. It also creates c, c+, c++ and c# I believe but I'm more familiar with basic since Atari 800 days. LOL and a lot of looking up stuff online
    Quote Quote  
  18. Registered just to say thanks Budman1 for sharing this helpful solution! My 6yo took some family vacation videos and photos which are very important to her, and which she would like to include in our albums. Her little toy camera didn't have the date set and her "OCD" dad "needed" file creation dates corrected for everything to sort properly.
    Quote Quote