VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a few months away from 70 and had some very rough people move in next door. One day while videoing the road in front because of my shed being broken into I heard a commotion next door and took the GoPro Clone on a telescoping handle to see what was going on. I recorded a 43 second video of the neighbors wife in which she threatens to kill me twice in the video while her common law husband is trying to wrestle a gun from her, she is apparently angry because one of their friends just stopped out front of me wanting me to stop videoing, to which I simply ignored him and he left after threatening to kill me, I didn't have the camera on during this. Sorry, just wanted to explain the situation so the unsteadiness of me holding my camera is understood. The man and woman with the gun are about 70 to 80 feet from me on the other side of our dividing line that has trees as seen in the video. The limbs are not thick and I could see the man wrestling with the woman trying to get the gun from her and restraining her on their deck. Also the audio has noise in it and the volume has to be turned up very high to be able to hear the threats, which occur twice on the video. I have tried just increasing the audio and I can make out the threat, but I would like to remove the noise and get it clear like it sounded in my ears that day. I would also like to try to zoom in and focus through the branches on the couple, I realize there would be some obscurring from the branches as I saw that with my eyes. The cover I had on the camera was not clear on the rear and I was using the onboard mic which is rated for 50 feet. Understandably I did not want to try to get closer to the situation in case she started pulling the trigger. I need to get a restraining order on these people and I'm told the video needs cleaned up so the audio is clearer and since I'm old on a fixed income I have to do this myself if I can. I don't know the proper place to post and/or upload the video, any help will be appreciated and I apologize for being so ignorant.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Take the video as-is to the police or your lawyer. Do not manipulate it as that will be used as an argument against you in court. Hope you can get this issue resolved.

(Note: I am not a lawyer but do have some experience with chain of custody.)
    Last edited by smrpix; 22nd Jan 2021 at 07:47.
    Quote Quote