VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by jokster View Post
    mount the iso to a virtual drive like Virtual CloneDrive (win10 has one built in) or open it with 7zip and extract the contents to a folder
    I'm not really sure how to do this. The computer that has the problems has no internet connection.

Are you saying that a zip program can unzip and ISO file? I'm a little confused about that.
    Quote Quote  
  2. yes, "7zip" can open an iso.
    i'm not too sure about other but i believe winrar can also open an iso file.

just extract the files to a new folder and run the setup.exe
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mount with MagicISO freeware
    http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm

^ More software you're surely never heard of -- don't be afraid of it!

That Windows ISO you downloaded may be infected with malware, no way to know for sure.
    I'd get the "zone94 Windows XP Integral" instead, Google it.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by slanoue View Post
    Originally Posted by jokster View Post
    mount the iso to a virtual drive like Virtual CloneDrive (win10 has one built in) or open it with 7zip and extract the contents to a folder
    I'm not really sure how to do this. The computer that has the problems has no internet connection.
    ... and yet you were able to download ATI MMC somehow and had some way to get the downloaded file to that PC so you could attempt to install it.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    ... and yet you were able to download ATI MMC somehow and had some way to get the downloaded file to that PC so you could attempt to install it.
    Yes, but that ends in .exe not .iso

Also, it's old software that I've installed many times. A lot of software today requires you to have an internet connection.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Yes, but that ends in .exe not .iso

Also, it's old software that I've installed many times. A lot of software today requires you to have an internet connection.
    If you had concerns you could have asked some questions instead of proclaiming that the advice you were given won't work due to the lack of an Internet connection.

None of the software mentioned thus far for gaining access to the contents of an ISO file requires an Internet connection to run.

ISOs are just another type of file and are similar to archive files in some ways. An ISO file can be copied onto a computer like any other file, assuming there is room for it. I don't think doing a repair install of XP requires an Internet connection. However, as already stated, cheap XP installation media/files purchased on eBay are often problematic.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 23rd Jan 2021 at 16:33.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. I was just saying I wasn't sure how to work it. Not complaining.
    Quote Quote