I'm sure this is covered somewhere but i spent a while hunting it and couldn't come up with an answer.

What i would like to do is the following.

Local recording from OBS as an MKV of a 5 hour stream.

Remove the 5 minute countdown, a few breaks here and there (2-5 minutes), the 2 minute outro, replace them with a custom intro/outro, end up with a single file preferably with one "pass through the program" If i cant add my own intro/outro on the same pass that is VERY OK. ( i've written a batch file with ffpmeg to handle this for option 2(down below))

Right now the only thing i can seem to do is split the 5 hour recording into the parts i WANT to keep, each part being a separate file when the processing is done. This works for some other use cases when i want to set it up in separate episodes ( Option 2 below )

The very end goal is to end up with knowing the options of how to do:

OPTION 1
"cutting out unwanted parts from one recording leaving one file (if possible with custom intro outro)" 1 processing through mkvtoolnix

OPTION 2 ( i know this one )
"splitting out chunks into episodes and then running them though an ffmpeg batch file to add custom intro/outro" 1 processing through mkvtoolnix

Sorry if that seems hard to follow

TLDR: remove multiple parts of mkv, end up with one mkv w/o having to run mkvtoolnix a 2nd time.

Thanks,
Grid