VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I am hoping someone on this forum can help me. I have a home video dvd that I was uploading in order to transfer to a thumb drive for permanent storage about 4 years ago. During the process, I got a Notification on my computer that indicated it had started encoding the file. Like a goon, I immediately stopped the transfer and ejected the disc because I was afraid it would do something to my video files and I wouldn’t be able to access them after. Well, apparently I should’ve let it finish encoding, because afterwards I couldnt access the files on my computer or on the original dvd anymore. These files are of my daughter as a baby and are priceless to me. I took the dvd to my local camera/video store and they couldn’t help me retrieve my files either. I have held onto the original dvd all this time with the hope that someday I could find someone to help me recover the lost video files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you stopped an encoding in process there was probably nothing saved on the computer when you canceled it. so as for the disc it should be fine. what/who created the disc? does the disc have any identifying labels as to type/manufacturer? if you look on the bottom recorded side are there any scratches, discoloration, or fading of the dye? was it at anytime dropped? try the free part of isobuster and see it it reads anything on the disc.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was the person who originally burned the disc from iPhone video files. I have never dropped or damaged the disc. I will try isobuster and see what happens. Will update. Thank you!
    Quote Quote