VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all

My pinnacle deluxe AV/dv with bluebox captures my video's in a 720x576 format but it is in 1.422:1 so it stretches out.
    Can i fix this in virtualdub? Or how to fix it at all?

Pinnacle studio 7
    Pinnacle pci capture card with break out box
    Windows XP sp2
    JVC with built in tbc
    Quote Quote  
  2. You might have to explain a bit more as I, for one, have no idea what you're saying. 720x576=1.25:1, which is how it should be captured. People should look a little tall and thin. You fix it when reencoding by either setting a SAR/DAR, or by resizing to, for example, 768x576.

I know nothing about the Pinnacle capture card and software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    720x576 capture is correct.
    Are you trying to force it into a 4:3 display? If so, you're confusing capture with latter delivery/encode.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    720x576 capture is correct.
    Are you trying to force it into a 4:3 display? If so, you're confusing capture with latter delivery/encode.
    I guess, with other capture devices the aspect ratio would just look 'normal' now it looks wide

see screenshots to see what I mean

Maybe the question should be then: How to deliver this in a proper 4:3 format?

[Attachment 56780 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 56781 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Set the Aspect Ratio to 4:3
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sndr1384 View Post
    My pinnacle deluxe AV/dv with bluebox captures my video's in a 720x576 format but it is in 1.422:1
    That 1.422:1 is a sampling aspect ratio (SAR), not a display aspect ratio (DAR). It's the SAR for a16:9 DAR MPEG video, not a 4:3 DAR video. You need to tell your editor the source is 4:3 DAR, not 16:9 DAR.
    Quote Quote