VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    makemkv and anydvd has problems with this anyone have a solution? season 2 by the way... i got season 1 and short treks ripped
    Last edited by the_man_one; 13th Jan 2021 at 18:54. Reason: clear up the post
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dvd or blu-ray ?? might try dvdfab.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh yes tried that too its a dvd, also just tried handbreak
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you should specify what the problems are....
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it will not rip. dvdfab had read errors. handbrake said it had a cancelation request. anydvd said read errors. makemkv said something about protection.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A quick check of makemkv forums shows that this is rippable. Check there and try another drive.
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by the_man_one View Post
    it will not rip. dvdfab had read errors. handbrake said it had a cancelation request. anydvd said read errors. makemkv said something about protection.
    dvdfab has an option to ignore read errors, start dvdfab, click the arrow in the upper right hand corner,
    click common settings - drives - read - check "ignore all reading errors automatically"
    restart dvdfab, and retry the disc again.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried that too, ignoring all read errors. it just stops at about 80ish % and says read error when the task says finished
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if it starts and stops you likely have a bad drive. Try another one. If it was the protection it would not rip any part of it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I can verify all the seasons are rippable in makemkv as I have done so. You may have a bad disc or drive. A used set cost $10 usually or you can buy just that disc used off ebay
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    update, ripped with new dvd and makemkv, not sure of the problem with the old one. thanks for the advise.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Am still using Ripit4me, DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink, although I have not bought the DVD you mention, I have bought a lot of new DVD's and have not been stumped yet, Start Ripit4me, choose wizard mode and iso image, it will walk you through the steps, if Decrypter fails to import the PSL file, close decrytper and start again, sometime Ripit4me fails to create the file, once ripped to the hard drive use the "File" menu in DVD shrink, choose "Open Disk Image" once open go to "Edit" "Preferences and in the "output Files" tab uncheck "Split vobs into 1gb Chunks" then close that then choose re-author, you will see the different episodes in the right hand pain, drag them one at a time and have shrink copy them to the HDD, rename them as you go, remove the episode after it has finished and drag the next one into the right pain till you are finished, ripit4me may whine about the version of decrypter, ignore that, it's actually saying you need to update to the version you actually have, decrypters last version was 3.5.4.0 which is the version ripit4me will tell you you need to upgrade to, but it all works, just hit ignore each time.
    Last edited by episode10; 29th Jan 2021 at 08:43.
    Quote Quote