VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi,

I have a DVD and want to rip it but DGindex shows 'Interlaced" instead of "Film" but the DVD source aren't interlaced and it has ghosting.. this is the sample video, if you please could you help me, I would be grateful. Thanks a lot!

[Attachment 56754 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 56755 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. The frames are progressive but they are encoded interlaced. It previously went through a blend deinterlace. And maybe something else too. Something like:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("demuxed.d2v", Info=3) 
    FixBlendIVTC()
    TDecimate()
    gets rid of some of the blending and looks a little smoother. But it produces some brightness artifacts. Otherwise just treat it as progressive video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The frames are progressive but they are encoded interlaced. It previously went through a blend deinterlace. And maybe something else too. Something like:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("demuxed.d2v", Info=3) 
    FixBlendIVTC()
    TDecimate()
    gets rid of some of the blending and looks a little smoother. But it produces some brightness artifacts. Otherwise just treat it as progressive video.
    Thank you so much! Jagabo!
    Quote Quote  
  4. And make sure you don't use the 'Forced Film' setting. Use 'Honor Pulldown Flags'.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    And make sure you don't use the 'Forced Film' setting. Use 'Honor Pulldown Flags'.
    Yes, manono I will do this Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote