VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ok. it burned a lot of these. i didnt use it too much tho really. but now, it won't read a single one of these verbatims bluray single layer discs that i got, even the ones its burnt or blank discs. doesnt even pick them up. none. like why wouldnt it? i just found i had a movie bluray and popped it in cause i thought it wasnt reading any bluray but it picked this up. what would make a drive do this? it reads and burns so far all the verbatim bluray dual layers i put in it. i barely went through 3/4 of the stack of bluray single layer verbatims i bought with it before it messed up. its a 209m. not the cheapy if you wondering.
    what the heck how am I supposed to trust that brand Y will now work over X when X is a good quality verbatim, i am fairly sure when i bought them they said on the reviews
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What program did you use to burn them and what's the label name of the verbatim disc?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. probably was imgburn. and for name on the discs, do you mean use software to read the MCM-000 or what the disc has on it? they are white , says Verbatim at the top with a V blue logo blue text.. and BD-R on the left side with a bleray disc logo, everythign blue, amnd 25gb 6x speed on the right, with 4 lines at the bottom for writing on.
    i have multiple discs, i used imgburn and probably nero burning rom to burn my data discs. its a data disc i have been trying to read the most. let me check an imburn one but im prety sure ive tested everythign. nope wont read those either but it wont even pick up blank discs. it just has a ton of trouble even trying ot read the disc when inserted.
    another weird thing is this drive started not opening when i pushed the button, but after using the paper clip trick, itll continue to work for a while. even after ive messd with it a bunch lately i restsarted and it opened without the paper clip trick either.
    what would the software be to read the mcm-ooo code if thats what you meant? i have a second reader drive that reads all these fine.
    here are the ones i got tho https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GSQ4DBM?psc=1
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like your drive either needs to be cleaned or replaced,i had the same issues and replaced my drive and has been fine for the last few years.
    Quote Quote  
  5. why would it not have an issue with bluray dual layers. what is worn out because im hesistant to say even tho the drive is 5 years old, its mostly done not much. i bought a second drive to read discs with so i wouldnt wear it out. its probably hardly even burnt 100 discs and its a top of the line burner. its not having any issue with the dual layers i put in it reading or burning them but a single layer? its not even just the bluray laser out its just acting like idk why its messed up. what would cause this behaviuor of course replacing it would "fix it" but i quit if they are this toasty. is this an advertisment for renting?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like they could be verbatim lth bluray discs. cheaper dvd dye was used and has about the same lifespan as any dvdr. lth was a big mistake.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yep they are lth junk.

[Attachment 56596 - Click to enlarge]
    --
    Quote Quote  
  8. it doesnt have lth on it. i was just wondering if anyones ever heard of this or knows what this drives deal is. Ive never heard of this before and I would .. might of heard of a drive starting to hate discs it once before liked. I didnt update hte firmware before this happened or anything ilke that. I did try the other night to update the firmware to see if it would fix it.
    The discs do not have that LTH on them. just some confirmation that its blown from somethign else similiar that i can cross reference it to is what i was looking for before i tossed it away.. just cant believe this nice drive blows, barely even burnt 100 discs id guess in the 5 years ive had it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    that's a screenshot from the link YOU provided to the discs you bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GSQ4DBM?psc=1

look at the item image on the amazon page labeled video.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you're not the only one having issues with them.

[Attachment 56597 - Click to enlarge]

afaik verbatim never invested in htl equipment, just made lth. they were the the company that demanded lth be approved for bdr.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  11. Heres a big fat waste of 10 minutes of my time. i said what they had wrote on them. you found a picture in their advertisements of a disc labeled LTH. my comment said what was wrote on them, so i uploaded and took a picture and cropped it and resized it.
    so ok you're saying all of these discs are lth, every single one of these. even thought, I read/thought that they had to label LTH as so. and the picture of ONE of their discs shows LTH. and one comment on amazon reads "The write surface looks like someone spilled solvent on it and has a cool pattern, and do not look like the surface of a new one". sounds like to me that one single review/guy spilled some crap on his discs and lost them all and has them all stored in the same area. yea, here quote "I keep written disc's in the spindle they were packaged in," that what my detective work led to; he destroyed them all at once himself. theres 100's and 100's of good comments abotu these discs. and it only has 3% 1 star reviews. 82% 5 stars. out of 2034 total reviews. i think i uploaded a picture of mine. it doesnt state LTH, and you'd think the company that does list LTH on some of their discs and required lth be approved so they made LTH be required to be stated on those discs, would follow that. my discs dont say lth and there are some saying lth you showed with the picture in the worst reviews you could find which they will list something like that on their page. reaching for the worst,
    summary: i already wrote they didnt have lth; i doubt it very seriously. the original proposition is, why would I go and waste any more money on any more of any discs for this if its broke?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dscs 004.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	56598  

Last edited by ldrancer; 2nd Jan 2021 at 17:40.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the other guy with issues was describing the appearance of the written surface that were stored ok. turn your bad ones over and look closely at the dye layer. any wavy/discolored area is an indication of disc rot. bdr lth discs were advised to label them as lth but it wasn't "required".
    --
    Quote Quote  
  13. but he also said they lasted 2 years. and you said dvdr were the same as lth. i have 10 year old burnt dvdr's with none of that issue. the disc that wont read in this drive will read in the next one. are you saying that all of these verbatims from the 2000+ reviews and however many more sells are just lth with no markers on them from "Verbatim"? id really like that to be shown since they sell their stuff at top dollar.
    why are you making such outrageous claims? i doubt it highely. your wasting my time and any responses someonme might give with this. find some other mentions about this online that dont sound crazy. stored them all on top of each other in the spindle then they all have wavy stuff ON TOP is what HE SAID.
    your mixing up 2 different perspective to come to your conclusions. YOU konw really if it is VERBATIM lying and not labelling LTH as such there should be more about this on the internet.
    do the bottoms look bad? why would i have thought they would have, when they play fine in one and not the other DRIVES. YES theyre fine. all 25 of them left. all 75 burnt ones.
    But, anyway lets assume it is lth. what would cause a drive to read and burn lth discs fine for 3 years, then stop reading them suddenly like that? just what or why? thats my question
    Quote Quote  
  14. oh something else, this bluray i found that wasnt a verbatim burnt disc, is a dl bluray. so. its blurays not reading, but DL are ok.
    Quote Quote  
  15. HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12NS40 1.01 (SATA)
    Current Profile: BD-ROM

Disc Information:
    State of Last Session: Empty
    Erasable: No
    Free Sectors: 4,542,176
    Free Space: 9,302,376,448 bytes
    Free Time: 1009:24:26 (MM:SS:FF)
    Next Writable Address: 7677216
    MID: VERBAT-IMe-000

TOC Information:
    Session 1... (LBA: 0)
    -> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 7677215)
    -> LeadOut (LBA: 7677216)

Disc Definition Structure:
    Certified: No
    Scanned: No
    Manufacturers Name: PIONEER
    Additional ID: BD-RW BDR-209M
    Serial Number: OFDL019042WL

BD Disc Information:
    Disc ID: VERBAT-IMe-000
    Disc Type: BD-R
    Disc Size: 120 mm
    Disc Class: 0
    Disc Version: 1
    Disc Time Stamp: 03/2010
    Number of Layers: 1
    Layer Type: Writable
    DVD Layer Present: No
    CD Layer Present: No
    Channel Bit Length: 74.50 nm (25 GB Per Layer)
    Push-Pull Polarity: Positive
    Recorded Mark Polarity: HTL
    BCA Present: Yes
    Maximum Transfer Rate: Not Specified
    First PAA of Data Zone: 131,072
    Last PAA of Data Zone: 1,658,494

this is what imgburn tells me about the disc in my other drive. the 2010 date is idk how i got the bluray burner in 2015
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    lol. ok you're right they're not lth. but then the drive that can't read them is just borked. trash it and get a new one.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you can read the discs in another drive then they are fine.

If you had to use a paperclip to open the drive then it undoubtedly gummed up and there is probably a film on the lens of laser. You could try cleaning it, worst case you have to buy another drive.
    Quote Quote  
  18. no other ideas though? it will read dl bdr just fine. ive read there is a blue laser for the blurays. that wouldnt make much sense. any for this. i got a cd cleaner disc, would that help maybe?
    yea and the same time it stopped opening was tthe same time it started to stop reading bdr sl discs. i hadnt used it in a while. if i have to another company is what ill be doing, thought pioneer was the top of the game but , how does it mess up and only read sl and not dl discs?
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    To read the dl discs it has to refocus the laser(s) so it still sounds like a hardware issue in the burner if can't read sl.
    Quote Quote