VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Once again no answer to the actual question.

Now I will give up.
    MAybe you confused the terms of video digitalizing of analog sources with the term of capture. Digitalizing is only one type of capture. Record from digital sources is also called as capture.

2. Banned
    Search PM
    Trying to reason with the OP is a pretty thankless task since he can not distinguish wood from a tree.

All bar one is writing about analog tape capture. Just one guess who is not.
    You confused this topic with an other topic. You answered in a wrong topic.
    Your topic is here:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/399986-Any-Developers-Out-There-to-Add-HuffYUV-to-MediaExpress

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Truthler View Post
    Capture is nothing more than record a video from a device (let it be already in digital format DVB-T ATSC).
    Don't tell me that you also recommend OBS for use with a PC TV tuner to record digital TV broadcast streams. OBS may be able to capture the broadcast stream from a tuner but that is all. There are a number of other programs that are better to use for that task. OBS doesn't have the ability to tune or change channels let alone schedule recordings based on an electronic TV guide like a good dedicated TV PVR app can.

...but that is similar to the point made in some of the other replies in this thread. Just because OBS can perform a particular task doesn't mean that there isn't some other software that does it better.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329

Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=Truthler;2605379]
    Trying to reason with the OP is a pretty thankless task since he can not distinguish wood from a tree.

All bar one is writing about analog tape capture. Just one guess who is not.
    You confused this topic with an other topic. You answered in a wrong topic.
    Your topic is here:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/399986-Any-Developers-Out-There-to-Add-HuffYUV-to-...ess[/QUOTE]

As the topic originator and major respondent I would have expected you to be aware of ALL the replies. Now re-read reply #44

And the author of that reply is much more careful with his choice of words. He uses 'transfer' not 'capture'

5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM

May I have a suggestion? Please buy an FDR-AX700 instead of tape based camcorder. It is fantastic. And record its live HDMI signal with UTVideo to a small mini laptop.
    It is really cool and good.

Capture is nothing more than record a video from a device (let it be already in digital format DVB-T ATSC)
    Yes, the recording of digital TV like ATSC or DVB-T is called as TV capture.
    Yes, recording of live digital camera source is also a video capture.
    So , do not narrow it into digitalizing of analog videos.
    Because the tape has already been recorded in 1985 idiot, it's not DVB, not ATSC, It's Betacam and needs to be captured using the right tools not streaming crap. You lost an argument in the original thread and keep doubling down by creating more threads, 20 wrongs don't make it right no matter how hard you try.

6. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post

May I have a suggestion? Please buy an FDR-AX700 instead of tape based camcorder. It is fantastic. And record its live HDMI signal with UTVideo to a small mini laptop.
    It is really cool and good.

Capture is nothing more than record a video from a device (let it be already in digital format DVB-T ATSC)
    Because the tape has already been recorded in 1985 idiot, it's not DVB, not ATSC, It's Betacam and needs to be captured using the right tools not streaming crap. You lost an argument in the original thread and keep doubling down by creating more threads, 20 wrongs don't make it right no matter how hard you try.
    Dear "genius" I still can't understand why do you posted that off-topic answer . Here is your betacam topic: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/399986-Any-Developers-Out-There-to-Add-HuffYUV-to-MediaExpress

The level of developemnt of your Mediaexpress was good in the mid 2000s standards. But it is simply nothing in a comparison with OBS. Why don't you record your betacam materials with OBS? Can you answer? Because you must learn how to use it? The learning curve is the real problem for you?

7. gamemaniaco anyone?

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is more entertaining than 2020. Keep it coming.

9. Originally Posted by Truthler View Post
    I do not see personal attacks. I see opinion. What you fail to accept is that others will not see the software with the same rose-tinted glasses as you do.

But while we are still on-topic how about listing those 40 container formats that the software supports and the 50 codecs. And do not simply refer a response back to ffmpeg.
    Personal attacks? See #23 and #24.
    Er . . . you do get that Clockwork and Cornucopia aren't even talking about you, don't you?
    "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

10. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    The level of developemnt of your Mediaexpress was good in the mid 2000s standards. But it is simply nothing in a comparison with OBS. Why don't you record your betacam materials with OBS? Can you answer? Because you must learn how to use it? The learning curve is the real problem for you?
    Because OBS is not made for capturing Betacam tapes, I've already answered that 100 times, This thread is just a continuation of your stubbornness which I hope the mods will take care of it.

11. I don't want OBS to get dragged through the mud over this thread.
    It's actually a pretty good tool that has it's place.

12. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    The question is what brought him from his full time bullying kids on social media to this forum? This is a help forum not propaganda forum.

Search Comp PM
    The title of the topic is not about analog video. So can you give me a serious answer?
    "Video Capture Software?" implies analog capture in almost all cases.

Not accurate. You're jumbling terms and functions.

MAybe you confused the terms of video digitalizing of analog sources with the term of capture. Digitalizing is only one type of capture. Record from digital sources is also called as capture.
    No. Wrong.

For starters, "digitalizing" isn't a word.

In digital realm, capture = download, term was usurped.
    In analog video, capture = ingest.

"screen recording" isn't capturing, but the term is misused and confused. People use wrong words all the time, make up words, misspell and mispronounce words. But wrong is wrong, especially when facts are argued over the linguistics.

Recording != capturing.
    You don't capture TV, you record it.
    You didn't capture TV to VHS tapes, you recorded it.

"capture" has the base meaning of transferring medium, whereas screen recording isn't that.
    OBS doesn't capture (digital). OBS records (digital).
    youtube-dl is more of a capture tool than OBS, as it just downloads content frrom one location to another (ie, DV tape to DV file, satellite MPEG TS to local MPEG TS file).

The OBS analog "extra feature" is probably more limiting than NLE analog capturing, and everybody (even laymen) know that's its been crap for decades now.

Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    I don't want OBS to get dragged through the mud over this thread.
    It's actually a pretty good tool that has it's place.
    Agreed.

It's fine for the intended purpose, and does that quite well.
    But the OP is insisting it do other tasks, or insisting other tasks bend to the limited abilities (for that feature) of OBS.
    Last edited by lordsmurf; 26th Dec 2020 at 21:26.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

14. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Because OBS is not made for capturing Betacam tapes, I've already answered that 100 times, This thread is just a continuation of your stubbornness which I hope the mods will take care of it.
    Meiaexpress is developed for little teenager children, who want to avoid of the learning curve of more complex softwares. I think your problem is the learning curve itself.

15. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Okey. It's time to lock this.

And please just don't continue in some other thread. Or I will