VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Folks;

I am trying to find out how to add an MKA audio file into the Blu-ray structure to replace the existing audio file. The MKA audio is English dialog and I want to replace the Spanish DTS language audio file in the Blu-ray. Just need the procedure and tools required to perform this task. Appreciate any guidance to solve this issue.

TIA
    Mac
    Last edited by maczones; 22nd Dec 2020 at 21:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Mka is just the container, which WON'T be incorporated into the bluray structure (which MANDATES that all assets are encapsulated into M2TS container files).

What is the codec used?

If it is bluray-compliant (there are only certain codecs allowed for audio - see "what is" above), you should be able to remultiplex (tsmuxer, tsremux, etc). Otherwise, you will need to re-encode to a bluray-compliant version first, with possible loss of quality depending on the format chosen.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Mka is just the container, which WON'T be incorporated into the bluray structure (which MANDATES that all assets are encapsulated into M2TS container files).

What is the codec used?

If it is bluray-compliant (there are only certain codecs allowed for audio - see "what is" above), you should be able to remultiplex (tsmuxer, tsremux, etc). Otherwise, you will need to re-encode to a bluray-compliant version first, with possible loss of quality depending on the format chosen.

Scott
    Thanks Scott for the quick response. The MKA container codec is listed as A/52 B Audio (aka E-AC3) (eac3). So I presume its AC3 compliant. Does that mean I can just remove the Spanish audio on the Blu, remove the MKA container and use the AC3 codec file and insert it in using tsMuXer and remux it.?

Mac
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes. Not sure how easy it is to remux, as I have rarely used those tools. But otherwise pretty straightforward.

You'll need to make sure the extracted elementary (raw) stream is bluray compliant though. And this all assumes it is already of the exact proper & synchronous length as the original.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 23rd Dec 2020 at 07:50.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MKA can directly be imported in to latest tsMuxer, no need to demux to ES first.
    Of course, audio has to be blu-ray compliant.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @Scott and @Ennio: Thanks for all the advice. Will try to mux-in the MKA using tsMuXer and see what happens and report soon. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!

Mac
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok, here's what happen. I took the MKA file which is identified as E-AC3 and muxed it in using tsMuXer and it worked fine but the audio was out of sync. I then found the delay needed to keep the audio in sync with the video but here's where the problems start. I took the E-AC3 file and inserted back into tsMuXer to redo the whole process again but this time I used the tsMuXer Delay (in ms) feature for the audio I was adding to set in the delay (-14700 ms). After the muxing was done, there was no sound and only a black screen appeared with the runtime running. I am now trying to figure out how I can first apply the delay to the file within the MKA container and then insert the E-AC3 file in tsMuXer to make this work. I tried to demux the MKA with tsMuXer to acquire the AC3 component and then did the same with the added delay as above, but came out with the same negative results. I also used the GUI version of eac3to334 but I get an error when trying to add the delay when selecting the Delay/Cut button. It comes up with this error: "Don't Found Delay/Cut.exe"). Appreciate any help to resolve this. I am almost there but need to figure out how to add this delay and make the blu-ray structure accept it.

Mac
    Last edited by maczones; 29th Dec 2020 at 14:47.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The "DelayCut" button in eac3to GUI works if you put delaycut.exe in the eac3to folder. It's a standalone tool that can be downloaded here:
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/delaycut
    Works for E-AC3 too. For input however, you must demux audio to elementary stream *.eac3

To be complete & should you want to, you can also mux directly to a mkv with mkvtoolnix and apply your desired delay in the audio-stream. Negative delay means that the given amount of ms will plainly be cut off from the start.
    After this you could import the mkv in tsMuxer (a bit of a workaround , but just to let you know that for mkv this is an option too).
    Quote Quote  
  9. @Ennio: Thank you so much for your help. Prior to reading your response I did exactly what you instructed using MKVtoolnix and added the delay then used tsMuXeR to mux in the audio. Everything worked flawlessly. What I did find out prior to using the MKVtoolnix solution, is if you just add the MKA to tsMuXeR and then set the delay there, it does not like it. Learned a bit thanks to all in this forum that successfully helped to answer my questions.

Thank You;
    Mac
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe tsMuxer can't handle negative delays because it's not able to "chop of" audio? Actually, I wouldn't know by heart and should do a test-run to see.

Anyways, good that things worked out ok for you. Glad to help.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    Maybe tsMuxer can't handle negative delays because it's not able to "chop of" audio? Actually, I wouldn't know by heart and should do a test-run to see.

Anyways, good that things worked out ok for you. Glad to help.

Cheers
    @ennio: Please let me know what you find out when using tsMuXer with negative delays and if there is a fix.

Thanks;
    Maczones
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I did a few quick & dirty tests with remuxing negative EAC3 audio-delays to BD iso. Audio/video all played well (on both pc and standalone mediaplayer). Even the remux with the rather uncommon -14700ms delay. It seems tsMuxer is able to cut off EAC3 (to a certain precision) as this "-14700ms delay" remux shows a residual audio-delay of just 20ms.

FYI I did the tests with tsMuxer version 2.6.9 as I'm encountering some trouble lately with importing sourcefiles in the latest nightly build. I don't know what version you use, but maybe changing to an older version does the trick for you too? I can't tell how latest builds behaved on negative audio-delays, as I hardly (if not never) have to use them in this tool.

BTW how do you test your remuxes?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    I did a few quick & dirty tests with remuxing negative EAC3 audio-delays to BD iso. Audio/video all played well (on both pc and standalone mediaplayer). Even the remux with the rather uncommon -14700ms delay. It seems tsMuxer is able to cut off EAC3 (to a certain precision) as this "-14700ms delay" remux shows a residual audio-delay of just 20ms.

FYI I did the tests with tsMuxer version 2.6.9 as I'm encountering some trouble lately with importing sourcefiles in the latest nightly build. I don't know what version you use, but maybe changing to an older version does the trick for you too? I can't tell how latest builds behaved on negative audio-delays, as I hardly (if not never) have to use them in this tool.

BTW how do you test your remuxes?
    Enio;

Sorry for the late delay. Thanks for the research on this. What I have noticed is a specific length of delay impacts the remuxed end product. In other words if the delay is set to less than 5 seconds or so, no adverse effects but if set longer (and I am not certain where the make or break point is), the audio delay will not sync correctly to the calculated delay necessary to sync the voice to lips movement. I currently use tsmuxer v 2.6.12 and I use VLC to test the remuxes.

Maczones
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just to be clear, in your latest post, are you referring to the same sourcefile you mentioned earlier?
    Or is this about testing tsMuxer's behaviour on positive delay in general? I've kinda lost track, TBH.
    Quote Quote