VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search PM
    @truthler, dellsam34 gave you valid reasons, you just don't like them and want to shill, harp & deride some more. Maybe you don't get it, but you're acting like an obsessive fanboi troll (and one who doesn't understand all the techicalities of the situation, but thinks they do and more than others).

Do you, or do you NOT, have anything constructive to provide regarding the topic of MediaExpress? Ever even used it?
    Are you even familiar with BMD hardware? How often do you capture for higher end analog material? Ever dealt with frame dropping/skipping?

How about all that 8k@120fps material you brag about? Got any examples of your own of that?
    (We know that answer already - it doesn't exist yet)

Put up, or shut up & move on.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Truthler View Post
    I just can't understand why some people want to use steam engines for an airplan , when even the piston -gasoline engines are considered backward in aircraft manufacturing.....
    MediaExpress is developed by BlackMagic designs for professional BlackMagic devices only and still used till today as of 11/13/2020, It's part of the Desktop Video Suit, So not a steam engine train, it's bullet express, It controls all the functions of the device/card that OBS cannot even access, This is strictly a professional workflow from the Betacam deck to the capture card to the software, Help us help you understand what part of this you did not get.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 24th Dec 2020 at 01:40. Reason: Not worth loosing it over trolls
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    No it doesn't. Not in the way I want it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @dellsam34, how does your system respond, and other apps work with, the BMD-originated 8 or 10bit (uncompressed) AVI codec? If it can handle the size & throughput, I should guess it is a VFW based codec that should be usable in vdub and other apps (maybe even avisynth if using the right import plugin). I know the (win) QT ones are basically useless to your workflow, but the vfw ones should be shareable with other apps.

I noticed that someone else had made a request to BMD about huffyuv for mediaexpress, it was listed in the creative cow boards from back in 2011. So I wouldn't get my hopes up much about them doing it.

Sorry, I don't have the time nor the programming chops to use the SDK.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Yes, Vdub works with the lossless AVI files as passthrough but it cannot capture straight from the UltraStudio SDI, it stutters a lot, What I'm doing right now is take the files pass them through vdub2 and output as HuffYUV, It works fine but just an extra step I want to get rid off, It's ok for one or two tapes but when you get more tapes it becomes tiresome.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't believe you can use that sdk to add anything to MediaExpress, you could use it to write something like it though.

The readme in the DecklinkCapture example leads me to think that you might be able to use graphedit create a filter graph to do what you want but I don't have any BMD hardware to test my theory so consider it wild speculation.
    Quote Quote