VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have made a slideshow using Smartshow 3 D and created a video. I now have a folder named DVD with two files in it - Video TS and Audio TS.
    Please can someone tell me how do I burn these to DVD to watch on a TV? Do they need to be converted to another format first, and if so, what?
    I’m sorry if this is a simple question, but as a beginner with all this, I do find the file formats confusing!
    Many thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Use ImgBurn to "Burn" Folder" to DVD.

Don't let it unstall anything but the program.
    Fantastic free program though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-v4ojCVSBI
    Quote Quote  
  3. Many many thanks! I will give it a go.
    Quote Quote  
  4. To supplement the youTube tutorial:

ImgBurn usually opens in its EZ Mode Picker window, which shows six big function buttons.

Load a blank DVD.

Click the big upper right button "Burn Files/Folders To Disc".

Click the little "Browse For A Folder..." button right above the red X

Navigate to where you have your AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders stored.

Click once on AUDIO_TS to highlight it (don't double click or it will open to nothing). Click Select Folder button at bottom.

Click the little "Browse For A Folder..." button once again. It should return you to where your dvd folders are kept.

Click once on VIDEO_TS to highlight it, then click Select Folder button at bottom.

The burn window should now list both AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.

Click the big grey "Build" button (File Folder > Disc icon) under the folders to burn list.

The pop up window will show you an automatically chosen name for your DVD: this is based on the folder name that contains your AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders. If you'd like to change the disc name, type a new one in. Click Yes to proceed, then OK in the next popup to begin burning the DVD. Burning takes approx ten minutes, depending on burner speed and blank DVD type.

Its usually a good idea to click the "Verify Disc" option at the top of the next screen, which remains active while the DVD burns. Checking that box tells ImgBurn to verify the actual disc burned correctly and every file in each folder matches the originals on your PC. When the burn finishes, you'll hear an alert tune. Depending on your burner design, ImgBurn will automatically open/close the tray and begin verifying the disc (desktop) or open the tray and wait for you to close it and OK the popup tray warning (laptop). Verifying takes roughly the same amount of time as burning, an alert will sound when done and you can remove the completed disc. If you decide not to use the verify option, you can just remove the disc from the tray when you hear the first alert tune and see the "Operation Successfully Completed" popup.

Occasionally ImgBurn encounters a problem with the burn or verification: you'll hear a symbol crash alert sound and see a technical issue popup on screen. If that happens, the disc is bad, so discard it and start over. This usually only happens if the blank disc has a defect or the disc drive is jostled while burning.
    Last edited by orsetto; 19th Dec 2020 at 10:57.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you very much - this is very helpful as I wasn’t too sure where to go with the software!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I now have a folder named DVD with two files in it - Video TS and Audio TS.
    Those are folders (or directories), not files. The AUDIO_TS folder is usually empty, the VIDEO_TS contains the actual DVD files, with .vob / .ifo / .bup extensions. (You need to enable the display of known files' extensions to see them ; never understood why they were hidden by default, it's a simple trick that used to be used to spread viruses — typically, send a “Britney_Spears_naked.jpg.exe” file, the horny recipient saw it as “Britney_Spears.jpg” and mindlessly double-clicked on it right away, and voilŕ, lewd dude's computer was screwed for good. You have to imagine that there was a time when reading “Britney_Spears_naked” could make the average dude horny ; you have to imagine that there was a time when the mere perspective of watching a 357x512 pixels picture of Britney Spears in underwear was enough to trigger the average dude's horniness. Now the average dude gets bored even with 4K 3D hardcore P.O.V. p0rn. And hopelessness reigns.)

Occasionally ImgBurn encounters a problem with the burn or verification: you'll hear a symbol crash alert sound and see a technical issue popup on screen.
    ImgBurn is an excellent software, but I hate those atrocious sounds it makes, whether it's a failure or a success !
    I've replaced them long ago with snippets from The good, the bad and the ugly (attached WAV files).
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. Or those two, for a little more fun... (Just rename the original WAV files in the “Sounds” folder, then copy either pair of files and rename each one accordingly.)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for those tips and samples for replacing the ImgBurn alert sounds, abolibibelot!

Since I use ImgBurn a dozen times a day, I do get a little tired of the stock sounds. It never occurred to me I could change them, so this will be fun to play around with.
    Quote Quote