VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi i try to make some videos where i use my hands.
    But my hands close up is really ugly.
    Is there a way to make them look less ugle by make them more pale og blur them?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well, I don't know, wearing gloves maybe ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. If your hands are mostly at the bottom of the picture, you could re-light the scene and have the bottom of the frame dark.

The green gloves is a clever idea, but you'd end up with a pretty ghostly image, if you replaced the green with something else.

If you have a program which has motion tracking, you could use that, but it would be a lot of work.

Changing the distance between you and the camera, and then using the zoom to re-frame the scene can also work. A camera which is close to you, and uses a wide angle setting will make your hands look much larger. If you move the camera further away, and then zoom in to get the same area in the frame, your hands will look smaller.

You can also experiment with the camera angle. If you move the camera slightly above your eye level, your hands will be further away from the lens and therefore appear smaller. For this trick, you should go back to using a wide angle setting with the camera close. This will make your upper body look larger, and things further away will look smaller by comparison.
    Quote Quote