VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all, I've just registered to the forum even if it is some years I'm reading it.

I have an issue with Magix Vegas Pro 17 which just happened recently when I started editing the very high bitrate videos from a newly acquired quadcopter with HD camera.
    When rendering the video, the output has some artifacts appearing in just single frames here and there in a few minutes video.
    Every time I render the video the artifacts are in few different frames.
    The issue is in single frames: the previous and following frames are always perfect as you can see from the attachment screenshots.
    The source videos do not have any issue, I've tried different sources.
    There is no difference by changing the rendering codec: I have the issue both rendering with Magix AVC and Voukoder x264 codecs.

What can be the cause of the issue? Do you have any suggestion to help getting rid of the problem?

Thanks in advance.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-12-12 19_00_44-Untitled _ - VEGAS Pro 17.0.png
Views:	88
Size:	802.7 KB
ID:	56212  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-12-12 19_13_35-Untitled _ - VEGAS Pro 17.0.png
Views:	95
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	56213  

Quote Quote  
  2. Are you performing other manipulations, adding other filters, etc.. ? Or is this straight import/export ?

Do the artifacts appear on the timeline preview before exporting ?

Are they consistent ? Do the problems occur on the exact same frame(s) everytime, regardless of which export codec ? Or is this "random" behaviour ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Are you performing other manipulations, adding other filters, etc.. ? Or is this straight import/export ?
    Yes, they are actually full video edits with lot of cuts, transitions, crop, LUT filter, etc, but I never had a similar issue with other source videos.

Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Do the artifacts appear on the timeline preview before exporting ?
    The artifacts are not seent in the timeline and not either in the Vegas player. They come up with the rendered output only.

Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Are they consistent ? Do the problems occur on the exact same frame(s) everytime, regardless of which export codec ? Or is this "random" behaviour ?
    No, as I mentioned in the thread, every time I render again the same video, even with the same exact codec and options, the artifacts appear in different frames. Once in a while I'm able to have a video without or almost without artifacts, but usually I have about 3/4 frames with artifacts in about 5 minute video. Attached another example. It is a really bad issue as when playing the video in normal speed it is like you see a flash.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-12-12 22_14_16-Untitled _ - VEGAS Pro 17.0.png
Views:	70
Size:	984.5 KB
ID:	56215  

Quote Quote  
  4. Not sure; but glitches are semi-common in vegas with GPU acceleration . You can try disabling, but that should affect other videos for you too

You can try posting in the magix fourm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it's usually in the source video and you just aren't seeing it as you don't stretch it out on the timeline to the frame level in vegas.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. At the end it seems the cause is somehow in the system used to render the video.
    Moving my project to an external drive and using another PC to render the same project, still using the same codec (Voukoder x264 with same settings), there wasn't any artifact in the output render.
    To clarify, the issue was only in 2 edits/projects out of 4 I did with the videos coming from the same drone: on the other two edits there wasn't any artifact even repeting again and again the same rendering with the affected PC.
    Quote Quote