VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What settings i should use for yadif in handbrake to get a better deinterlace ? In this imagine i use yadif default with interlace detection off , if i activate detection line from the center of imagine ( next man head with cigar ) almoust disappear ... what settings i should use ?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jpeg.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	56195  

Quote Quote  
  2. YadifMod2(mode=1, edeint=nnedi3(field=-2))
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for help , mode=1 means double frame rate 25 fps to 50 fps ? I type mode=0 in custom box , i run a test and it's better , with mode=0 remain 25 fps ? I want to try your settings but i don't know exactly what i should type in handbrake yadif custom box ( sorry for my english , i hope you understand me ).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry, I missed that you were using Handbrake. I read "yadif" and assumed AviSynth, the origin of yadif.

If your video is really interlaced then you want to double the frame rate to retain smooth motion (unless you have some other reason not to). 25i video is supposed to be displayed at 50 fields per second. That's done with Yadif+Bob, plus 50 fps constant frame rate in Handbrake. Handbrake doesn't support the eediint option.

If your video is an out-of-phase PAL film source then you want to field match rather than deinterlace. Decomb, single rate in Handbrake. But it's not very good at it.

There are several other possibilities too, most of which Handbrake cannot effectively deal with. You really want to use AviSynth for this type of thing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You'd best cut a 10-second sample for us to have a look, one with steady movement. And, as jagabo said, if there's anything the least bit difficult about a source, Handbrake is not the way to go.
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you need to use AviSynth -- Staxrip is probably the easiest way to get started with it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank you for response , my video is stargate sg-1 , i don't know if i can upload here , is pal 25 fps 720x576 , interlaced top field first .
    Last edited by radusound; 12th Dec 2020 at 04:38.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Is the video really interlaced? It could be progressive and just encoded as interlaced for PAL DVD compliance. If so, one should not deinterlace it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. It's almost certainly a field blended NTSC-PAL conversion. And the original NTSC tape it converted from was a mix of telecined film with 30p and 30i effects/titles.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I hope not be a copyright problem , i will remove video , i cut with avidemux.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by radusound View Post
    I hope not be a copyright problem...
    It won't be. Short samples are allowed for study.
    Quote Quote  
  12. This is the file.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. There's nothing wrong with it. It's not interlaced.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Video
    ID : 1
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : Main@Main
    Format settings : CustomMatrix / BVOP
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Custom
    Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=12
    Format settings, picture structure : Frame
    Codec ID : V_MPEG2
    Codec ID/Info : MPEG 1 or 2 Video
    Duration : 20 s 439 ms
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 5 168 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 9 800 kb/s
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 576 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
    Standard : PAL
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.498
    Stream size : 12.6 MiB (93%)
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

Audio
    Quote Quote  
  15. The video is encoded interlaced but most of the frames are progressive. There are a few interlaced frames here and there though -- mostly at shot changes. If you try to eliminate those in Handbrake it will screw up many of the frames that don't need deinterlacing. Something like TFM() in AviSynth will leave you with duplicate frames in their place. Or vInverse() will leave blended frames.
    Quote Quote  
  16. A few interlaced when the ship is firing too
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try vidcoder with de-interlace set to decomb. it leaves p frames alone and only "adjusts" interlaced ones.

interlaced.
    [Attachment 56217 - Click to enlarge]

decombed
    [Attachment 56218 - Click to enlarge]
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thank you all for help , i will try with vidcoder decomb , i guess with interlace detection default for leave progressive frames alone , if will not work well i leave the files in original .
    Quote Quote  
  19. After automatic cropping ( the video has small black bars ) from 720x576 give me 712x568 , i should left like this ? In media classic player is 712x568 ( AR 5696:3195) it's ok ?
    Quote Quote