VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Newbie here looking for help

I know this is DVD/ Blu-Ray forum but I couldn't find a VHS forum on the site

Got my hands on a JVC HR7655EK Machine that is not accepting tapes, it powers up but won't take in take.

I managed to force it it manually when I power off then on again it will spit out the tape!!

Any ideas??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Welcome to the forum! I’m sure someone can help you..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thank You For Your Kind Welcome That Was Very Nice Of You. Yes I Do Hope Someone Can Help Me Find The Problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. There is a guy on eBay that refurbishes old camcorders. The solder in them degrades over time. He tunes them up and resells them. He might be Sony Doc or something like that. I’ll look around and see if I can find his contact info.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Is He On YouTube?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don’t know
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Okay Thank You
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Nobody Replying For Any Ideas
    Quote Quote  
  9. I’m sorry. I have limited internet access. I haven’t been able to search for the eBay seller yet. Tape decks are pretty complex mechanically. But I’m pretty sure the guy I bought my refurbished deck from could help you.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Can't find any photos or info re a JVC HR7655EK, so its either an odd low-production model number or so old that its beyond even internet archives. If your VCR looks anything like the HR7650 demo in this youTube video, my guess is the latter: the thing is older than dirt (circa 1983). There is little to no practical info easily available for this mid-80s VCR era: it falls between the cracks of the more-documented first-wave top loaders and later '90s models.

I would try the suggestions given you by the VCR tech in the other forum where you posted this query: remove the top, note how the mechanism is operating when you try to load a tape, and check the sensor lamp as directed. Post back with whatever you learn, and perhaps more help will turn up. If your 7655 is of the older larger '80s generation, DIY repairs are easier than for later models but instructions/parts can be harder to come by. If you're lucky, it just needs a belt or new idler rubber. If your 7655 is actually a more contemporary model, DIY repairs might be trickier, esp if any plastic mechanism parts are broken.

It isn't clear if your location is Waterford, Ireland or Waterford in USA. There are still a few good VCR techs in USA who accept mail-in repairs, but Ireland may not have any VCR techs available to you. If you don't live near a repair tech, it probably isn't cost-effective to ship this VCR for repair unless you very specifically need this vcr to properly track some old tapes that were made on the same model. Otherwise, similar/newer "ordinary" VCRs of decent quality are available second hand in good condition for less than the cost of repairing this one. These days, the expense of shipping and repair on a vcr is usually only worth it if the model has the DigiPure TBC/DNR feature: it it doesn't, replacement is often more cost effective than repair.
    Last edited by orsetto; 14th Dec 2020 at 12:59.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Why do you have two threads for the same question and wonder how come no one is answering;
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/399866-JVC-HR7655EK-Not-accepting-tape#post2604186
    Quote Quote