VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    When a user posts in the forum you can view his/her profile and post history by simply clicking on the username and selecting from the drop down list.

In the software review it says "Review by (Username)" but clicking on the link brings up all the reviews for that software and contains nothing I can see about the reviewer. Am I missing something obvious?

I don't want to point to any particular tool and cause unnecessary mistrust with their reviews that have scored 9//10 and more often 10/10 averaging once a month by a different user with the encouragement to "buy it". It would be good to know if these are regular posters and when they signed up before trusting what they say. A drop down option similar to the one in the forum would be very helpful
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Reviews can be posted by anyone. Not just forum users. So it's not possible.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow shocking..... I wasn't aware that anyone can post a review with a fake username. Isn't that an open door to spam pushing and overselling of crapware. It's your site but isn't this option easily closed to registered site members only? Why not at least keep users accountable with warnings and even their membership if they are reported and break the rules or go too far overboard.

Maybe there are advantages for Videohelp to allow outsider reviews but it could mislead some readers if they believe the reviews have any degree of site backing. A clear disclaimer on the review pages might be in order.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I delete most obvious spam. I have never had any warning or ban system in the review section. Even when only forum members could review several years ago.

I get MUCH more spam from spam accounts in the forum than in the software review section.
    Quote Quote