VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I have a Sony FDR-AX43 that I am trying to control with the Sony App on my phone.
    I know that every Sony camcorder (other models too) can use the phone App only to start/stop recording and zooming. Any other settings (Shutter Speed, ISO, etc) isn't available in the phone App.

My problem is that even if I manually set some settings (for example Shutter Speed or the Low Lux mode), those are turned off/reset to default as soon as I start controlling the camcorder with the phone App. So any video recorded using the App can only use the default settings.

I would like to know if this happens in other Sony camcorder models too and, in case, if there is any way to work around this problem. I would really like to at least be able to set the low lux mode and shutter speed and then use the remote control App to just shoot and zoom. Mostly I am interested to see how it works with the AX700.
    Or other brands may be ok too.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    The Sony camcorders need a newly re-designed firmware to provide the mentioned new feature. I'm affraid it won't happen.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Truthler View Post
    The Sony camcorders need a newly re-designed firmware to provide the mentioned new feature. I'm affraid it won't happen.
    You mean that also the AX700 loses any settings when connected to the phone App? and also any physical buttons can't be used while connected to the phone?
    Last edited by tacchan23; 7th Dec 2020 at 11:46.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tacchan23 View Post
    Originally Posted by Truthler View Post
    You mean that also the AX700 loses any settings when connected to the phone App? and also any physical buttons can't be used while connected to the phone?
    Exactly.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Truthler View Post
    Exactly.
    Thanks a lot. Guess I will give up on camcorders then
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search PM
    Exactly.
    Why? Camcorders still creates higher visible resolution videos than any DSLRs on the market. They have much faster AF too.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Truthler View Post
    Exactly.
    Why? Camcorders still creates higher visible resolution videos than any DSLRs on the market. They have much faster AF too.
    Because 99% of my usage is at night time AND controlling the camera with the Phone App.
    And not being able to at least set the Low Lux mode or adjust the shutter speed before start controlling with the App... is a deal-breaker
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search PM
    Exactly.
    Because 99% of my usage is at night time AND controlling the camera with the Phone App.
    And not being able to at least set the Low Lux mode or adjust the shutter speed before start controlling with the App... is a deal-breaker
    Camcorder have wider optical angle, faster AF and higher visible resolution than DSLRs. DSLRs only can make better bokeh...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Truthler View Post
    Exactly.
    Camcorder have wider optical angle, faster AF and higher visible resolution than DSLRs. DSLRs only can make better bokeh...
    Yeah, but footage come out way too dark (unusable) if I can't change any settings...

Now I wonder if any other brands offer a camcorder which can be fully controlled by phone App (or at least let me setup the camera as I want and keep those settings while controlling with the phone)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I have a Sony FDR-AX43 that I am trying to control with the Sony App on my phone.
    I know that every Sony camcorder (other models too) can use the phone App only to start/stop recording and zooming. Any other settings (Shutter Speed, ISO, etc) isn't available in the phone App.

My problem is that even if I manually set some settings (for example Shutter Speed or the Low Lux mode), those are turned off/reset to default as soon as I start controlling the camcorder with the phone App. So any video recorded using the App can only use the default settings.

I would like to know if this happens in other Sony camcorder models too and, in case, if there is any way to work around this problem. I would really like to at least be able to set the low lux mode and shutter speed and then use the remote control App to just shoot and zoom. Mostly I am interested to see how it works with the AX700.

Thanks!
    see this article - https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/memory-camcorders-fdr-ax-series/fdr-ax43/articles/00100204
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Hello,

Thanks!

see this article - https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/memory-camcorders-fdr-ax-series/fdr-ax43/articles/00100204
    It is also confirmed, the Iso or Shutter speed is pre determined, and you can not change that from the mobile app.
    Quote Quote