VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello , can anyone tell me please what settings i should use in handbrake for deinterlace and framerate ( it is stargate ntsc dvd )? I do a test with decomb default , detection default , detelecine off , framerate same as source and variable , and when i play in vlc show me 24 fps not 29.97 .It is corect ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Please can somebody tell me which are correct ?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cropp1.png
Views:	85
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	56296  

Click image for larger version

Name:	cropp2.png
Views:	107
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	56297  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What standard is the DVD, PAL or NTSC and what do you want to achieve do you want to shrink the file or are you happy to maintain both quality and size? If so just use MakeMKV to wrap the DVD in a MKV container. Nothing to set. Quality in = quality out. Size in = Size out..
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. The standard is PAL and it's already do with MakeMKV but my media player don't do a great job with mpeg2 interlaced and i want to encode in handbrake. I know i lose some quality but i will keep and the original mpeg2. I want to know what handbrake dimensions settings ( foto above )is correct.

Video have small black bars.

[Attachment 56304 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by radusound; 18th Dec 2020 at 00:02.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by radusound View Post
    The standard is PAL and it's already do with MakeMKV but my media player don't do a great job with mpeg2 interlaced and i want to encode in handbrake. I know i lose some quality but i will keep and the original mpeg2. I want to know what handbrake dimensions settings ( foto above )is correct.
    If you want to keep cropping the second image is correct
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you for help Davexnet .
    Quote Quote