VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is probably very advanced editing, but I'm making a scary movie where i play the part as the monster. It's going to be me green screened over sims 2 character. In the movie i play the monster, who's the ghost who has this light blue pale colored skin and red eyes.

This is what i want him to look like. I altered this image in photoshop:
    [Attachment 56041 - Click to enlarge]

I wanted to know if there's a way I could digitally alter my eye color and skin color in the footage and use that instead of painting myself and wearing contacts.

But what program would i do that with? i've seen stuff like this being done before with snapchat apps and stuff like that but does anyone here know of anything that is more customizable?

Please help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. How long is your film, does the processing have to be fully automatic ?
    - chromakey is a widely available technique, where you replace the green-screen background based on tint.
    - snapchat presumably has a face/eyes detection algorithm which automatically masks the eye area and applies effects to it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    How long is your film, does the processing have to be fully automatic ?
    - chromakey is a widely available technique, where you replace the green-screen background based on tint.
    - snapchat presumably has a face/eyes detection algorithm which automatically masks the eye area and applies effects to it.
    the first one im making is going to be roughly 30-45 minutes long, but it has sequels after that that are much longer.
    HOWEVER, my life action monster only appears on screen for a few minutes.

and im not sure what you mean by processing being fully automatic. i would want it to stick to the skin, there are some parts where my eyes will move and i wanted the coloring to follow my movements, and it was going to be done infront of a green screen at some parts.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can try changing the hue for skin color, switch blue and green rgb channels, etc. in photoshop. Tools might also be available for eye detection.

Unless you are satisfied with the result (in which case it can also be applied to video), stick to make-up.
    Quote Quote  
  5. After Effects is the motion equivalent of Photoshop. Try a few tests, at least one with rapid movement. You will almost certainly decide makeup is the simpler, more flexible, less time consuming way to go.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by joewinko View Post
    It's going to be me green screened over sims 2 character.
    If it's just you against a green screen it would be easy to simply rotate the hue of the overlay by about 140 degrees. Then wear a green hat instead of a red hat and use green blood instead of red blood -- so they'll rotate to red. Similar for any other clothes, etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Secondary color corrector, improved when using masking, should do it.

Scott
    Quote Quote