VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have had good luck in the past with my ADVC 100 - but trying to capture some old VHS stuff - it doesn't seem to be working. I tried it on multiple machines - difference cables, different VCRs and all I get is the black screen with the red line. Bought a new TI chipset firewire card - and it did the same thing.

I am using WinDV - which is what I used to capture before without issue.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

D.-
    Quote Quote  
  2. For future readers, this issue has to do with power. You are not using the original power adapter, or you are using a defective power adapter.

Example:

PSP 100 power adapter will work fine for 55/110, but not for the old models of the 100. Swap the power adapter with the original one, and it will work just fine.

(source: personal experience)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mohamed - following on from your post last year, I'm seeking your guidance. Where does one find the original power adaptors for the ADVC-100 ??

My original power adaptor died years ago and so I found a replacement from an authorised reseller which I have been using for many years. It was only earlier this year when I started receiving the black screen either through my trusty Sony Vegas or WinDV. I've tried different VCRs / firewire cables (firewire card on my PC works fine with other devices) and have tried the various IEEE 1394 drivers (including the recommended Legacy one) available on Windows 7. All to no avail...

I recall reading another comment about the power adaptor potentially being an issue but the aforementioned replacement adaptor I purchased (UNIFIVE model number UI318-05) seems to meet all the specs mentioned in the ADVC-100 manual and others have commented online that it should be fine.

Per my original question where can you find an original power adaptor?
    Quote Quote