VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Johnnysh View Post
    also is there any good programs to crop a full dvd in to smaller sections with out and re-encoding and quality loss
    MPG2Cut2
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Johnnysh View Post
    so you are saying keep the original 1:1 DVD Rip folder and the media player should be able to deal with the files and de-interlacing and give the very best quality playback
    Yes.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    Originally Posted by Johnnysh View Post
    so you are saying keep the original 1:1 DVD Rip folder and the media player should be able to deal with the files and de-interlacing and give the very best quality playback
    Yes.
    Actually, some filtering (deblocking, deringing, other noise reduction, levels/color adjustments, etc.) and deinterlacing with QTGMC might improve the picture. But that will take a lot of knowledge, time, and effort.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    thanks for the reply

is there anyone who can help with QTGMC ?
    is this the very best plugin for this work ?

I know its very very slow

is there any one who can provide the script info ? and help stage by stage
    with each line

regards
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm not sure why jagabo posted that. What he is suggesting is a massive undertaking, and as he said, may not improve things that much.

At this point, you are done. Just go and enjoy your movies.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Johnnysh View Post
    is there anyone who can help with QTGMC ?
    is this the very best plugin for this work ?

I know its very very slow

is there any one who can provide the script info ? and help stage by stage
    with each line
    The script can be as simple as:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("filename.d2v")
    QTGMC()
    But getting QTGMC set up is the hard part. You have to install AviSynth+ (I recommend the 64 bit version at this point). Then you have to hunt down QTGMC and put a copy of QTGMC.AVSI in AviSynth+'s plugins64 folder. QTGMC relies on several other third part filters so you have to find each of them and install them too (usually by putting them the same plugins64+ folder too). You need to get the MPEG2DecPlus package and put MPEG2DecPlus64.dll in the plugins64+ folder. Also download DgMpegDec and extract DgIndex.exe to a suitable location. You should also extract the HTML manual and save it somewhere convenient. This setup is often complicated by the fact that each of those third party filters is maintained by different individuals with little coordination between them. So it can be difficult to get versions that all work together. But once it's all working you don't have to do it again (until you need to update something).

Once you've done that you build a d2v index of your VOB or MPG source with DgIndex and finally you're able to run the script. I usually use the 64 bit version of VirtualDub2 to view the results of my scripts. When done I use x264 or ffmpeg to encode them and mux with the original audio. You can use VirtualDub2 to do that instead. There are many many other AviSynth filters you can use to deal with other issues with the source.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The only reason I said it is massive is that it sounds like the OP has a LOT of movies and, to do this for every movie will take a long time, and unless the OP can figure out how to batch it, he'll have to do the same steps over and over and over and over again.

However, if he is interested, he should try one movie and then look really hard to see if he can see any difference.

Of course, if he never figured out how to turn on deinterlacing for his media player, then the QTGMC result will obviously look better.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    thanks for the feedback
    Quote Quote